Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Well, Paul Wesley will return in season 2, presumably outside of time travel scenes, so perhaps that will give him a chance to grow more into the Kirk role.
A rumor unread said Kirk was supposed to be brought on as a Lt. Maybe even the new number 1. I’m willing to be Ouke requested him after meeting him in the finale.

Axaday

Citizen
What we know is scant. But if Kirk served as Pike's first officer, is it in his character to have done nothing while Spock went and risked his career to bring Pike to Talos IV. It felt like he was super important to Spock, but mostly a stranger to Kirk.

But then maybe Kirk didn't know about Talos IV, I guess.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Kirk (in TOS) explicitly says he only met Pike once, when he took command of Enterprise. I know we're in the post-continuity era of Trek, but I feel that's too big a step out of established canon.

Sean Whitmore

Citizen
That said, and as much as I've enjoyed the SNW writing, these are still the showrunners that decided Spock grew up with a human sister and just promised never to mention her.

Dake

Citizen
Well... he had a brother he never (originally) mentioned for decades either.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Curious if anything will come of his brother having been mentioned (and briefly shown) already in the series?

Axaday

Citizen
I am sure it wouldn't be worth the effects budget and it would be confusing and people would have hated it, but I would have been really tickled if they had also cast Rebecca Romijn as Nurse Chapel.

Likewise, I so wish James Frain had played the Romulan Commander.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Like, I totally get why James Frain should have played the Commander, but I kinda feel like I'm the only one that really liked the one we got!

Also, New Kirk is growing on me, the more I've rewatched bits of the episode. I think the actor could very much grow into the role as his appearances continue.

Plus, realizing I haven't said anything, yet, I thought the finale was fantastic. A really nice cap to what was a really strong initial outing for SNW. I really hope they put a bit more literal "Strange New Worlds" in going forward, though.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I liked the commander, James Frain would have just been super meta.

It will be hard for me to get on board with this Kirk. He just doesn't have the presence

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Yeah not digging the new Kirk yet.

Also
not sure why Pike was so happy when he went to the bridge right before the end. Man is now even more burdened with future knowledge that he cannot use than he was before. Like forget some Cadets the man now has to sit on several bases being blown up and knowledge about what the romulans look like, how they act, and what their tech abilities are. You would think he would be even more of a mess

Dake

Citizen
Hmm, interesting point. Did anyone tell him that was all still going to happen, or was it suggested that maybe he doesn't realize? Like, maybe he believed the entire encounter only came to be because he was still on the Enterprise?

MrBlud

Citizen
Hmm, interesting point. Did anyone tell him that was all still going to happen, or was it suggested that maybe he doesn't realize? Like, maybe he believed the entire encounter only came to be because he was still on the Enterprise?

I would assume he thinks he averted it entirely.

Kinda sucks the fun out of “A Christmas Carol” if the Christmas Future is immutable even though Scrooge changed. Although that’s the situation we’re in.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Well, averting a Federation-Romulan War, and the millions (billions?) of lives that would be saved on both sides as a result could very much be comfort enough.

"The needs of the many..." and such.

Axaday

Citizen
Yeah, he may think he averted the tragic events. He doesn't think he stopped Romulans from being Vulcans with another government.

Autobubbs

Citizen
Did finally see my first episode of 'Progidy'.... if just because the episode was named "Kobyashi". Bait for Trekkies.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Carol Kane will play Pelia, replacement for Hemmer as Chief Engineer aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise.

3WJWmIP.jpg

Top Bottom