Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Anson Mount starred as Captain Christopher Pike in season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery from 17 January to 18 April 2019, accompanied by Rebecca Romijn as Lieutenant Commander Una Chin-Riley and Ethan Peck as Lieutenant Spock.

No trailer yet, but today CBS / Paramount finally announced the premiere date on Paramount+: Thursday 5 May 2022

Cast announcement video from Star Trek Day 2021:

Series announcement video from 15 May 2020:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am looking forward to this! I think that the main three did a great job in Discovery, so I can't wait to see what they do in this season.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Key art:

2hrysGn.jpg

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like it!

I wonder if Pike is trying to fight his fate, and that is why he is on a ranch at the beginning.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Well, the casting of our Paramount+ Kirk feels way too soon, but let's see what Paul Wesley can do.

Interestingly, Wesley tweeted that in some divine providence, he unexpectedly met Shatner.

Axaday

Citizen
I had an idea some time back that it would be really fun to have Kirk be there and not be important. Just a low level guy that never said anything except "Aye Captain" and such. But it will take tremendous discipline for them not to make him the focus of the show that was supposed to be about someone else. Kinda like how they tried to make a show about Boba Fett and it wound up being about Mando.

I'm not really sure why they are doing this show. If it was just for the setting, I would have made it be characters we didn't know. If it was supposed to be about the crew we'd barely known and getting to know them better, they need to keep Kirk sidelined.

Kup

Citizen
Or Kirk is a back door pilot for a yet unannounced Star Trek TOS series. Maybe set after Turnabout Intruder, or post TMP covering the second 5 year mission.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Or Kirk is a back door pilot for a yet unannounced Star Trek TOS series. Maybe set after Turnabout Intruder, or post TMP covering the second 5 year mission.
I would love that! Getting to see more of that time period between TOS and TMP.

Kup

Citizen
I would love that! Getting to see more of that time period between TOS and TMP.
When you think about it, Pike's appearance in Disco S2 was really the backdoor pilot for SNW -- just a 12 episode pilot.

Kirk may only appear in an episode or two. Based on what I found on Memory Alpha, Disco S2 probably took place in 2256-2257. Even assuming a year or two has passed since then, SNW S2 is likely set before 2260. Lieutenant Kirk is most likely still on the Farragut. We may see why he became such a hot shot, but I'm honestly not expecting this to be more than how Una appeared in Disco. A handful of appearances at best, setting up another series.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
As long as they minimize staff overlaps, it comes down to how much money they have to throw at it. And they did already finish filming on Picard's series finale(yes, Season 3 will be it), so any of those staff not already tied to Discovery are now available(outside the post-production crew).

Top Bottom