Star Trek: Prodigy, Season 2 not coming to Paramount+?

wentwood

Citizen
I caught up Picard and Discovery and am 4 in on Strange New Worlds. I'll see both Lower Decks and Prodigy very soon. I also want to finish the last 10 on Picard so I'll start up all 3 in a few days with Picard finishing in April or May. Saw both Discovery and Picard on DVD. Now Strange New Worlds Series I. That being the case I can plan on stream for Lower Decks and Prodigy.

Star Trek Lower Decks is funny but holding out to see how Prodigy does having saw both openers. Will watch both waiting to finish up Picard and Discovery.

If a show runs an hour I watch them on DVD to save space on my I Pad. April is when I start streaming. I have 6 episodes left for Strange New Worlds Series I so I'll finish them up and stream should be full on all new.

Last edited:

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I caught up Picard and Discovery and am 4 in on Strange New Worlds. I'll see both Lower Decks and Prodigy very soon. I also want to finish the last 10 on Picard so I'll start up all 3 in a few days with Picard finishing in April or May. Saw both Discovery and Picard on DVD. Now Strange New Worlds Series I. That being the case I can plan on stream for Lower Decks and Prodigy.

Star Trek Lower Decks is funny but holding out to see how Prodigy does having saw both openers. Will watch both waiting to finish up Picard and Discovery.

If a show runs an hour I watch them on DVD to save space on my I Pad. April is when I start streaming. I have 6 episodes left for Strange New Worlds Series I so I'll finish them up and stream should be full on all new.

Who is your favorite character on Prodigy? All the actors are really good, especially knowing they're close to the same age as their characters.

wentwood

Citizen
Well I would need to see at least one or two more so I can get a feel for the full crew. They haven't featured everybody yet.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Finally watched the finale back-to-back. I don't know it it's still the best of the Secret Hideout Era now that SNW is out, but it's definitely in the top two.

For those like me who are timeline nerds: The finale (and most of S2 ) happens in 2384, so the "52 years in the future" where Chakotay is trapped is 2436.

Interestingly, for fans of the Relaunch timeline; 2384 was when the Project Full Circle fleet, commanded (eventually) by Admiral Janeway and Captain Chakotay, was originally scheduled to return from the Delta Quadrant (before they got sidetracked by the Edrehmaia).

Also cool to see that Ed Jellico is apparently still serving as Starfleet Commander-in-Chief, as the Borg Invasion didn't happen in this timeline (so he never resigned his commission).

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Another "blink and you'll miss it" thing: the registries on the shuttles at the end are for the Voyager-A! The Defiant herself also shows up, as does the Sovereign, though the registries get a bit mixed up after that and repeated so it's hard to tell what specific vessels were lost. Maybe this'll also be used to explain what happened to the Enterprise E as it was intact last we saw and I doubt it would be mothballed so soon to be replaced by 2402 or 2409 or whenever the F's official commission date is now.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

So apparently this show got cancelled by Paramount+, but its still being made and season 2 will be shopped around to another streaming service.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
And Season 1 is getting pulled, so if you want to watch it, now is the time. They were probably too close to finishing NOT to finish it, so ti's just a matter of finding a home. Star Trek's a big enough name I can't see it NOT being aired in some fashion if it gets finished.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
That's nuts. It was a VERY good all ages Star Trek show. :/

I mean it wasn't as amazing as SNW and Below Deck but it was solidly cool.

-ZacWilliam, I'd rate it a strong 3rd among the current shows.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I watched it on crave, and I gotta admit; I was looking forward to the second season.

Hope it finds a home.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
This does not bode well for the remaining figures from the toyline.

Not that I could find them anywhere.

Kup

Citizen
That is seriously some crappy news. I, along with my whole household, utterly love Prodigy. I haven’t bought many Blu Rays lately but this might be what switches me back to only buying physical media. Cannot believe it won’t be available along with every other Trek show on P+?

wentwood

Citizen
Well that bites.

I picked up Discovery , Picard and Strange New Worlds on DVD but missing the last 10 episodes of Picard.

I also got the movies on DVD as Paramount + doesn't carry them.

They run on Max. Won't get it at 20 bucks a month.

Lobjob

Citizen
Why on Earth would they take a Star Trek show off the platform known for Star Trek?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
It probably didn't hit the completely arbitrary metric they demanded for popularity and decided to axe it before it started costing them more. Same reason they'll pull it from streaming inside a year: it's all about the money.

I hope season two explodes wherever it ends up, and it pulls a futurama.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
On the plus side, from what I heard the original story plan was always 2 20-episode seasons, so as long as the second season gets finished and makes its way out, we'll at least have the original complete story.

Top Bottom