Star Trek: Picard

Glitch

Citizen
I thought the Blonde lady from S1 and 2 when they time traveled took over the Borg, where is she?

a little disappointed they didn’t automate the legacy ships to go along with the D. Granted, ships like the A and others would get smashed. But the Defiant should be able to hold her own for a bit. She’s a tough little ship.

was hoping they would show the Excelsior before her demise.
The actress said she wasn't coming back for season three but that transwarp conduit from the end of season 2 might come into play and there's something tragic about Jurati being just another drone.

MrBlud

Citizen
Really hope Elnor transferred from the Excelsior!

It’s narrative malpractice to not even MENTION your friend’s little Borg collective when involving the Borg otherwise. Like, they don’t think about it or even mention it period. That’s insane.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

It’s narrative malpractice to not even MENTION your friend’s little Borg collective when involving the Borg otherwise. Like, they don’t think about it or even mention it period. That’s insane.

I see a lot of this as resolving/undoing some of the dumb stuff from previous seasons. I've said it already, but the resolution to what's going on is actually make something pay off that was otherwise just bumblefucked into existence and then abandoned.

I probably had an expectation for the end reveal to happen in some form, but nothing to that magnitude. I too, missed the carpet.

As for Shaw... man that really sucks. I know he was just a "throw away" character from the start, but the guy really grew on me and I was legit looking forward to him getting his own show.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Now is when Shaw will get his own prequel show. Show him during the battle of Wolf 359 and his adventures during the Dominion War.

Axaday

Citizen
The actress said she wasn't coming back for season three but that transwarp conduit from the end of season 2 might come into play and there's something tragic about Jurati being just another drone.

Jurati isn't just another drone. She is queen of her own independent collective

Now is when Shaw will get his own prequel show. Show him during the battle of Wolf 359 and his adventures during the Dominion War.

The whole point of Shaw is that he never had adventures. He goes around the galaxy cataloguing things and follows all the rules and it has always worked for him.

I'm done with late sequels, let them die.

No! I like them.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Ehh. I'm done with prequels for just about everything.
I hear ya. Not saying I’m in support of it. Could just see that being a route taken.

Honestly, however the finale plays out. I’d like to see whoever takes over the F and a series about it and how the Federation moves forward.

Deathy G1

Citizen
One thought I had:
Did the Borg need to assimilate Jack in order to take control of their biological collective? If so, that left a lot up to chance, especially after Vadic was killed.

Axaday

Citizen
Her majesty's back stayed to the camera. Are they not wanting to fully recast so soon? Or should we expect her face to surprise us?

I was warming to the idea that Locutus could be a program like the Queen that could embody anyone as the need arose. I guess not though.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Terry Matalis has pulled a reverse Star Wars sequel trilogy. The Force Awakens brought us back with the original cast (mostly) and laid down the breadcrumbs for a lot of plot elements that were meaningful and would pay off - then the next two movies ignored almost everything and turned it into disconnected drivel.

Picard's Seasons 1 and 2 gave us a bunch of disconnected nonsense that was quickly abandoned and ignored only for Terry to come along and pull those elements out of the dumpster, give them weight, relevance and a way to properly give them a pay off that makes them valuable.

That is a HUGE accomplishment and I wouldn't have dreamed it possible.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Picard's Seasons 1 and 2 gave us a bunch of disconnected nonsense that was quickly abandoned and ignored only for Terry to come along and pull those elements out of the dumpster, give them weight, relevance and a way to properly give them a pay off that makes them valuable.
And let's explain why Picard was still hearing the Borg in First Contact while we're at it! Damn clever.

As much as I appreciate the connect the dots game they're playing here, because it's serious pro strats, I also think there's a limit to how many things can be looped in in a given runtime and I recognize that the real purpose of this season has always been to get the Enterprise D crew back together and on the bridge of their own ship to save the day for the ultimate nostalgia bomb. I'm not writing off the possibility though that Jurati is going to provide a late cavalry charge to heroically give Team Fat One their opening to save the day.

Axaday

Citizen
Her majesty's back stayed to the camera. Are they not wanting to fully recast so soon? Or should we expect her face to surprise us?
Oh! Maybe because it isn't a real Borg Queen! Maybe a rogue Changeling. They just found some Borg gear and are using it to get their revenge on the whole Federation for what a few scientists did. It would explain why they would need to find Picard's dead body to get the DNA they'd need for the transporter scheme. Because the Borg aren't REALLY involved at all.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That borg queen sounded to me like that chain-smoking changling and seemed a bit "plump" from the rear shot of "her" too.

Anyway, where are the "good" borg? I hope they turn up to fight the "Federation borg" to save Earth in a kind of reversed take on things, from an "optics" perspective.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
A changeling who assimilated a Borg cube, like Lore with that weekend retreat of Borg drones that one time. Fascinating. That really would explain everything. Because you're right Axaday, the Borg shouldn't need a hardcopy of Locutus. If they really wanted one they could just grow one, and out of all of the DNA in Picard's body, the least useful to them would be the part they wrote in themselves. I could forgive them for not keeping his genome on file, but their own damn code? Nonsense. But if the cube was disconnected from the collective to keep the changelings' doings from spreading, they might not have access to that information. One cube, of course, is all we've actually seen so far.

Meanwhile, these new changelings with simulated human physiology could be the ideal trojan horse - we can't know exactly what would happen if the Borg tried to assimilate one, but it's exactly as likely as any other possibility that the changelings would assimilate the Borg back instead. And who better to push the envelope of Borg biological manipulations than someone who consciously reconstructs their own entire human biology every time they wake up in the morning?

She did sound like Vadic, but I'm still thinking of that line line BBEG said to Vadic about how "your people" are "malleable" and made to bend to power. What do you mean, "you people"? And if it is a changeling, they're going to have a different attitude than Vadic did. Vadic's entire complex is the product of torture, but BBEG uses torture against her? I don't think Vadic would torture someone she didn't consider a deserving enemy.

Axaday

Citizen
She did sound like Vadic, but I'm still thinking of that line line BBEG said to Vadic about how "your people" are "malleable" and made to bend to power. What do you mean, "you people"? And if it is a changeling, they're going to have a different attitude than Vadic did. Vadic's entire complex is the product of torture, but BBEG uses torture against her? I don't think Vadic would torture someone she didn't consider a deserving enemy.
Well, to refine: BBEG doesn't have to be a Changeling OR a Borg. Maybe BBEG found the Cube and manipulated the Changelings to make his plan work. But the Borg don't need Starfleet ships. The only purpose THEY would have for taking control of the fleet would be to make it stand down. And honestly? If the Borg came with 7 or 8 cubes and Picard can no longer hear them? I'm not sure they'd even be afraid of the whole Starfleet, which wouldn't USUALLY even be all together like this. I'm laying my $3 on the table and betting that the real Borg still aren't behind this.

AgentOrange

Citizen
She did sound like Vadic, but I'm still thinking of that line line BBEG said to Vadic about how "your people" are "malleable" and made to bend to power. What do you mean, "you people"? And if it is a changeling, they're going to have a different attitude than Vadic did. Vadic's entire complex is the product of torture, but BBEG uses torture against her? I don't think Vadic would torture someone she didn't consider a deserving enemy.[/spoiler]
She didn't sound like Vadic. That was Alice Krige reprising her role, confirmed and credited

Top Bottom