Star Trek: Picard

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Well it's the Titan-A so who knows the story behind it. I doubt they're working too hard to distance from Lower Decks since there's a crossover for Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds planned.
Ahhhhh, sorry, my bad. = o

Thefakelink

Citizen
Ok I’m hyped. I was hyped for season 1 and was let down. I skipped season 2, but dammit I’m letting it happen again. This looks to be a proper follow up to TNG (unless trailers always lie) and I’m here for it.

Dake

Citizen
Getting the whole gang back together in some capacity is definitely a step in the right direction. I'm more interested in this than Disco anyway.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I'll give it a chance, if only for Moriarty and Lore. The first 2 seasons of ST: Discard made me physically ill, but what the hell; this is the last go around.

The amount of pointless generic CGI space action in the trailer don't give me that much hope, though. The most I'm hoping for is that the writers ignore most of the new "canon" they've cobbled together with the first two seasons and just treat this as an addendum to the TNG TV series and films.

Kup

Citizen
I legit yelled at the last few moments. My wife said to the kids “how often do you see your dad yell at the TV?” as I was utterly fanboying over Moriarty.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I'm a bit concerned about Worf's comments about embracing pacifism; western pop cultural ideas of pacifism are almost always hypocritical, simplistic, and mainly exist to be mocked.

OTOH, while I have no faith in the writers being willing or able to pull this off, I would love to see an exploration of Vulcan-style nonviolence as established in the novels by Josepha Sherman and Susan Shwartz: their version of Surak understood that peace is not something that can be "achieved." It is not a fixed state to be won and then defended, it is an ongoing process.

Surak spoke of waging peace the way others wage war; with aggressive strategy and tactics, clear mission objectives, and technological development --a truly civilized society must be prepared to wage peace on an industrial scale. He understood the value of accurate and timely intelligence (without which logic would be useless; one cannot extrapolate without data), reliable logistical infrastructure, and solid morale (built on logical certainty of your inevitable victory), as well as the need for individual discipline, integrity, and self-sacrifice --the same foundations upon which Klingon (and, for that matter, Romulan) honour is built.

Worf, as a warrior who fully embraces the values of the Federation, would absolutely gravitate toward Surak's teachings, seeing them as complementary to those of Kahless, not opposed.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Worth noting Worf mentioned being pacfist with what seems like a melee weapon strapped to his back. So while I may have embraced a non-violent solution to conflicts, he's still not going wholly unarmed into potential hostile situations.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I think it lowered my hype level. :confused:

I mean, I will give the show a chance, but it'll have to work to win me over.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
It's quite amazing how every entry into TNG after First Contact has just gotten progressively worse. I'm glad the real TNG is forever preserved on blu-ray, and in HD quality.

I'll take the worst of the first six Trek films over the very best of any of those that came after.

Top Bottom