Star Trek Lower Decks

Kup

Citizen
25th Anniversary NES game made the communicator a major plot point. Actually now that I think about it, I wish that game could be made canon. Was unbelievably fun.

Shadewing

Citizen
I just had a potential vision of the future. Here, we have an AI controlled Warship. It seems clearly designed to combat threats like the Breen and not sure how it could be used for anything else. This season ALSO set up the idea that the two evil AIs might team-up... and well... if two evil AIs somehow control/convince three super-powerful AI Warships to join them... That's gonna be a pretty epic finale in a later season.

Someone online suggested Badgey as the third evil AI, and despite not being sure how that would happen, would be a return I'd be ok with.

And we know from Picard that there's a synth "uprising" in four years (in 2385, whereas LD is currently in 2381).

When Peanut Hamper escaped the debris field, we saw Rutherford's old implant float by and suddenly become active. There could be a trace of Badgey on that, either as or in addition to whatever "evil-Rutherford" protocols the Section-31-like guys installed.

Okay, so I wasn't 100% right, but I also wasn't expecting it to be THIS season finale. I felt they would let this brew for another season. Be a background element of Human vs AI and not just be all done in a single episode. Also good call on the implant Cybersnark.

The one thing about this episode that I don't fully get, is why the girl was being cagey about who was funding them if it was all above board. I get why story wise, just not in-universe character wise. Not even a "I just don't like the idea of being funded by a Starfleet Admiral" unless I'm forgetting a line like that with everything else going on in the ep.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the finale. That was amazing!!! That was exciting as all hex get out!

Wooooould have liked a bigger arc closure for one person. I don't get the big deal about the congratulatory run. Who the hex was that with the buzzing part?!?!

Oh laughed at suddenly hearing huge endowment then name drop, haha

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
So....I found this to be a "just ok" finale in a season that, for the most part, was "just ok".

I mean, there were things that I liked - Boimler's impressions of the bridge crew were hilarious, the explanation as to how "Badmirals" happen, the joke about Picard having a thing for mummies (mommies), and the California class ships banding together to help one of their own. The animation is/has been top notch, too.

But, none of the payoffs to the plot threads really hit for me. Things just seem to resolve too quickly, or are made to be a bigger deal than they turn out to be. For example, wouldn't it have been great to see a whole episode of space archaeology hijinks, while the Cerritos crew learn to come to terms with Mariner being gone?

It's felt to me that the season as a whole just hasn't really went anywhere. If you stopped watching two minutes before the end of season 2, and then picked up with the season 4 premiere, I don't think you'd be any further behind for it, and I think Lower Decks needs to do better (and it can, and has!), especially with SNW in the picture.

Also, thank goodness I hadn't deleted the episode from the PVR before finding out there was an end credits scene with Badgey.

Shadewing

Citizen
For me, the whole 'theme' of this season has been advancing the main characters in some way. Tandi not only is getting Bridge crew training, but has admitted/realized she wants to actually be a captain someday. Boimler has more or less stopped being the Butt-monkey. Even when comedic bad stuff happens to him, it no longer sets him back or has an otherwise negative impact on him. Rutherford learned about and confronted his past. Mariner's has been the most 'tell not show' of them, but this season she's been mostly less prone to acting out and going rogue. But I do agree there needed to be at least one full episode with her and the Cerritos seperated.

Rutherford's the one that's really changed the least; but with the Badgey tease at the end, and the possibility of the Evil AIs, he might get time to really shine soon. It might not all been huge change, and could have been handled better overall; but it feels like this season is the start of the four really finding their paths to where they want to go or starting to get there.

Dvandom

Citizen
Ugh, once again I need to see if it's possible to disable the autoplay-something-else feature, I missed the post-credits scene because P+ had decided I wanted to watch Discovery instead and I just exited. (ETA: It can only be done in the TV app, under settings, video.)

---Dave

Dake

Citizen
The one thing about this episode that I don't fully get, is why the girl was being cagey about who was funding them if it was all above board. I get why story wise, just not in-universe character wise. Not even a "I just don't like the idea of being funded by a Starfleet Admiral" unless I'm forgetting a line like that with everything else going on in the ep.
That would be the "secret" part of "secretly funded". If it got out that an active Starfleet Admiral was not only condoning the violation of various treaties (rather than jumping through whatever legal hoops necessary to properly re-home artifacts) but provided the means to do so, it would be a huge diplomatic issue. Mariner didn't need to know where the money came from to do the job; the fewer people who did the better.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
To be fair: we have no actual proof that sisko doesn't take weekends off and swing round DS9 and/or his property on bajor reasonably often. It's not like he's dead or anything, he's just... inside the wormhole.

With folks whom have no understanding of linear time.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like to think that right after the last episode of DS9, Jake, his step mom, and little baby take a trip to Bajor, and visit the land that Sisko got to build a house on. When they get there, there is a house already there, fire going in hearth, kitchen smelling delicious, and out pops Sisko with lunch ready. There he spends the next 20+ years with his family and the occasional friend or two, who is in on the secret, dropping by.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
"The Sisko was told he could never leave!"
"I didn't!"
"Yes you DID! You left and came back, didn't even bother hiding it! Said 'Hi, Everybody!' when you wandered in!"
"When was that?"
"Uh...um...ok, you win this round smart guy..."

LiamA

Citizen
Here's an interesting thought. Since time doesn't exist in the wormhole then every time Sisko is talking to the Prophets all the Siskos throughout the series is talking to the Prophets and there is probably one Prophet trying to coordinate things so they don't get confusing.

Top Bottom