Star Trek General Discussion: Strange New Worlds new season is filming!

Notomus

Unofficial Pope of Devconism
Citizen
1462269455-startrek-intodarkness-pine-quinto.jpg

Not a fan of Star Trek, this is the original right?

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's the reboot of the original with different actors.

This is the original
0_gLwoK2E-X1gIgocm.jpeg

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
So I guess Prodigy S1 will air partly alongside Discovery S4, the first time we've had seasons of two Treks running simultaneously since DS9 ended. That's cool.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I guess Prodigy S1 will air partly alongside Discovery S4, the first time we've had seasons of two Treks running simultaneously since DS9 ended. That's cool.

Nice! I am looking forward to seeing how Prodigy is. I have some reservations about the story, but I am curious.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
The next Trek film has been moved from 9 June 2023 to 22 December 2023.

As a reminder of how many changes Paramount has made over the past decade to the next Kelvin film (and Quentin Tarantino's film, which is probably dead), just read Wikipedia's section of all the starts and stops.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I'll be perfectly happy if neither of the recently-delayed films are ever made (or, if they are, they're totally reworked from the ground up).

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, I am going to say that this will give them enough time to make a great film.

Kup

Citizen
I would have liked one more JJ-Verse film, as I really enjoyed 07 and Beyond. ID was…okay.

I think the only way another film works is if it’s a third reality. Between Picard and Discovery doesn’t feel right and post Discovery feels too far fetched.

Trek may be better on streaming from here on out.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
I am experimenting with the new forum's convenient feature of thread renaming by the OP. What joke / meme phrase should I input for this thread title?

Ideas:
Space: The Final Frontier
The Final Frontier
Where No One Has Gone Before
To Boldly Go
To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Live Long and Prosper
Highly Illogical
Beam Me Up, Scotty
I'm a Doctor, not an Allsparker

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am experimenting with the new forum's convenient feature of thread renaming by the OP. What joke / meme phrase should I input for this thread title?

Ideas:
Space: The Final Frontier
The Final Frontier
Where No One Has Gone Before
To Boldly Go
To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Live Long and Prosper
Highly Illogical
Beam Me Up, Scotty
I'm a Doctor, not an Allsparker

Reroute discussion through the main deflector dish!

Corvus

Citizen
On the removal of Star Trek: Discovery from Netflix abroad:

Announcing that you're pulling a show off the international version of the streaming service you've used to deliver it to consumers for the past 3 seasons about 2 days before they'd have settled in to start watching is a pro-league dick-move. The other shoe drops when you mention that your own streaming service won't be available in those markets for months.

Way to go, Paramount.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well that's a kick in the butt to the meager fanbase Discovery has. I think for the most part people are just going to pirate it anyway and when never watch or subscribe to it when it gets launched internationally.

I'm sure there's some detailed reasoning as to why companies still think the world isn't a single platform and act as though different countries are isolated from information and media from one another. I don't know what that reasoning is or how they've come to the conclusion that someone in the UK can't know and experience what is happening in the US in real time. But I'm sure there's a reason.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
They're run by people who grew up in a time when the Internet wasn't everywhere? Also in this specific case they're repeating what happened with UPN where they tried to use Trek to get people to it, and since they now actually have an interest in international distribution, they want to repeat those tactics, ignoring the time scale/timeframe.

Ultimately it just encourages this meme:
d3423w2g5ur21.jpg

Top Bottom