Star Trek General Discussion: Strange New Worlds new season is filming!

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I wonder if the "modern day" subplot in Picard was one way that show (specifically having an elderly lead they'd like to keep healthy!) worked around COVID-19 restrictions. Less time spent with interior sets could easily mean more ability to isolate and/or do scenes outdoors.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
If i were actually watching all this trek, i think id be having burn out at this point

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, its got Q in it, so at least it has my favorite of the guest characters in it.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
anyone know what these circled parts are? i think i need to buy a tech manual...

ent02.jpg

electricidad

Citizen
Started watching third season of Discovery, and man, it's a different animal than the first two seasons. Just watched the season premier last night. I knew they were sending everyone 1,000 years into the future, but other than that, I'm coming into this season spoiler-free.

Season premier does a great job of re-establishing Burnam. It's a simple plot, but it's also fun! She meets Book, he has a cat and they go on an adventure together (er, Burnam and Book adventuring. Not Burnam and the cat). Book transports an exotic alien safely to the rest of its kind, which proves he's not bad. (Incredibly simple plot, but it had me engaged. Again, I've come into this season spoiler-free.) Not sure if this was intentional or not, but they took a page from The Mandalorian for this: main character travels to a new place; main character makes an acquaintance; they do shenanigans.

I like the addition of the Starfleet fellow at the end, and the hope that Burnam brings with her. Looking forward to a good season.

Top Bottom