Star Trek General Discussion: Strange New Worlds new season is filming!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You know ... it doesn't matter the role or rationale, it will be a crime against humanity if they don't do everything they can to get Robert Picardo in on this.
I just went from not interested in this to totally wanting to see that happen.

Ryougabot

Citizen
aid copy 2.jpg

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
I shared this in the 'Legos/Bricks" thread:

KreOTrek.jpg
Managed to obtain 7 (out of 12) of the "Wave 1" Star Trek Kreons from a auction I stumbled upon.

What I've yet to share there was what I picked up at a con this weekend:

DSCN9969 (2).JPG

This thing looks more like the Ambassador Class than the "Fat One". And the Picard it comes with is so Hideous!

Axaday

Citizen
I had wondered for years in the 90s and hadn't thought in a long time to see if information was available. I learned today what many here probably already know. Nick Locarno WAS supposed to be on Voyager and they changed him to Tom Paris at the last minute to get out of paying royalties to a writer of "The First Duty" every time Nick was in an episode of Voyager.

From the start, they did a flimsy job of changing him. But I also learned today that Admiral Paris had a picture of Nick Locarno on his desk and a character once referred to Tom getting kicked out of the Academy and Tom has the grace not to correct them. He graduated the academy and made a mistake as a young officer that got someone killed and covered it up and got caught and got kicked out of Starfleet. It was Nick Locarno that made a mistake as a cadet that got someone killed and covered it up and got caught and got kicked out of the Academy.

MrBlud

Citizen
An Academy series was always an iffy prospect given they’ve been trying for decades to get one off the ground. Setting it in everyone least favorite setting means they want to see it fail.

I keep wondering/hoping they’re going to retroactively NOT have the Federation explode because a child cried (making all the hard work Picard, Mariner, Pike, etc and others are doing to save/help/expand it utterly meaningless) but they really seem ready to die on that hill :/

Lobjob

Citizen
The good thing about Star Trek is that time travel and alternate universes can truly fix anything, if you are up for it.

I'd love for Disco season 5 to play with the temporal cold war, and hey! What do you know. Everything could be fine...

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
But after the TCW, time travel is banned! Totally impossible, never happens, couldn't possibly come up as a plot device. Except for the time we heard about that, which is when it came up as a plot device, and presumably an unlimited number of other only times XD

Axaday

Citizen
I keep wondering/hoping they’re going to retroactively NOT have the Federation explode because a child cried (making all the hard work Picard, Mariner, Pike, etc and others are doing to save/help/expand it utterly meaningless) but they really seem ready to die on that hill :/

I don't like Discovery and most of what it has accomplished, but the Burn did not make all the other shows meaningless. The things they explore are still explored and the people they meet are still met. The Federation is springing back because of all the foundations that had been set before.

=-=-=

Starfleet Academy is not going to visit a new world every week and meet a new culture and technology every week. Is this just going to be a teen drama?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I didn't catch that it was set in the Discovery Future era. Oh well, it could be still be neat.

Top Bottom