Star Trek General Discussion: Strange New Worlds new season is filming!

MrBlud

Citizen
Paul Wesley is probably the only person in the world who would be upset if Chris Pine replaced Paul Wesley as Captain Kirk in SNW.

I’m fine with keeping everyone else as-is but he definitely lacks that Kirk “Je ne sais quoi” that both Shatner and Pine have in spades.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Yeah, if they have to have Kirk continue to be around, which I still think is a terrible idea - frankly, I would have preferred not to be re-upped on Pike's future history destiny thing again so soon, so I could have done without Kirk at all - it'd be nice if it was someone who at least had the right energy. Especially since the three people who count, Spock, Una, and Pike, really did walk into these roles and fit like a glove.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can only imagine the outrage if Kirk, Spock, and Uhura (oh, and Pike!) were suddenly replaced in Strange New Worlds by their Kelvin-timeline actors.

(Well, maybe if Spock and Uhura [and Pike] were replaced)
SNW Kirk just isn't Kirk to me.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Mariner and Boimler?!?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1685008525105.jpg
    FB_IMG_1685008525105.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 68

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
It's super nitpicky, but I kinda wish the black section of the uniform didn't go down quite so far. Otherwise, really looking forward to that episode!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yup! Paramount dropped a new trailer yesterday! There is a few clips of them in it. Still no clue on how they got there, but looking forward to seeing the episode.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Boimler looks like he's holding some sort of ball of tech, which maybe has something to do with them being there.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Is it, though? On the animated character models, the black section starts above the armpit, but comes down to the armpit level in the live action version.

I mean, of course, you're going from stylized people to the real deal, so adjustments are likely, but I think they could have gotten away with it, here.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I'm not about to get into photo comparisons. I took your original comment to be a complaint about the LD-style of uniforms where the black section goes all the way down to the communicator (which, of course, is rather different from the uniforms of the TNG era they sort of resemble). If you're complaining about something else, I'm not interesting in nit-picking the details of it.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
I'm sure you'll find something you're more interested in complaining about then.

Anyway, yeah, it looks like they felt the line to be preserved in translating to real people was the way the commbadge sits on the white bar, and real human bodies have a natural place where a badge sits that isn't where the LD animation designs put the commbadges on their tube bodies.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm continuing my DS9 viewing here. There's so many things happening of import.

Just saw season 4 Broken Link, holy cow, this is what happens to Odo?! How could they do this to him? They crippled him. How could he function now? This is terrible for everybody.

From the previous eps, I'm a little worried that Kasidy is never coming back. Gosh dang, she was good for Sisko. Such a shame.

I'm going to assume that Kira's condition is probably a real world pregnancy? So that, that thing with Keiko and her is the worst scifi thing to happen. It's bordering on goofy, haha.

Jake Sisko got cougared, oh no.

Seeing Nog die was more horrible to me than the mother's fate. But I'm actually not a fan of the Mirrorverse eps. The flip side versions are just not imaginative enough (though actress Kira is definitely having a blast). Plus Odo is dead already, ugh.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Holy cow, I didn't realize I was already in season 5 after Broken Link. Then I was struck with eight hard hitting episodes in a row, geez.

The first season 5 ep with them as undercover Klingons was a cool sorta mystery, even if I didn't figure out the changeling gambit (props to Odo). And this was the weakest of the eight for me.

The Ship was extremely tragic. Enrique was developing a personality and they just let him die onscreen like that? Geez.

Quark has sex?!? Jadzia has sex?!?! Worf?!?!? Kira and Miles?!?!???! Not exactly an intense episode but by golly my jaw was just dropping, haha

Jake's war story was made to real, too gritty. Dang.

The Assignment showed how Keiko's actress can be freaking terrifying. That video of her just brushing her daughter's hair was so quietly menacing. O'Brien went above and beyond when everything was stacked against him. Love it that Rom is the hero with him too.

After those two intense episodes, there was Trials and Tribble-ations. OMQ. Absolute masterpiece. Holy cow. Also Odo with a tribble, hahaha. Also Julian thinking he's pulling a Futurama Fry, hahaha.

The pleasure planet ep would have just been great fun. Unless Worf bringing it all down with his story about killing a child. Geez. Julian versus Rom was hilarious but I realize that there was no real reason for Quark to be there.

Screw that flashback of Odo in Things Past. Back to another intense episode where I was kept guessing. Great acting and atmosphere building but gosh dang, didn't want to know that about Odo. The executions at the end was chilling.

Holy cow, it was just hit after hit after hit eps. It's almost too much for me.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Thoe are some great episodes. Trials and Tribble-ations is one of my favorites, although I am not sure why O'brien has such issues working on the original Enterprise though.

The Assignment was great too! Evil Kieko was a great villain for that episode.

Top Bottom