Star Trek General Discussion: Strange New Worlds new season is filming!

DarkeklawGW

Immortal Maximal OC
Citizen
Update on the former Eaglemoss Enterprise D Build it Model.

IXO Collections has bought the assest of Eaglemoss, selling some models themselves. But the Iconic Build up models will be sold by Fanhome. (Ecto 1 and the BTTF Delorean)

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So there is something that recently dropped. The Roddenberry foundation contracted a company called OTOY and they released a video called regeneration.

They also showed off some stuff where they are using their technology to show off what they can do such as make some changes and enhancing the Cage pilot. They also showed off some stills of their work of demonstrating what they could do to turn the animated series into live action. Pretty neat stuff.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
I don't get it. I mean the CG is nice and I'm assuming it's worked into footage taken from Generations, and very cleanly so. What are they showing off, and also what did that mean exactly?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't get it. I mean the CG is nice and I'm assuming it's worked into footage taken from Generations, and very cleanly so. What are they showing off, and also what did that mean exactly?
Sorry it’s the Roddenberry archive not the foundation. They recreate all these amazing Star Trek works/locations. They have this amazing technology company OTOY that is helping them preserve everything. The archive isn’t affiliated with Paramount but it’s run by people that worked in Trek including the people that helped with Season 3 and even the show runner is involved with them.

This video with Spock is apparently a live action version of an IDW comic.

Lobjob

Citizen
It would be awesome to get Shatner back for one last hurrah. If I'm being fan serviced, service me.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Considering the age and... condition, of some of the fan favorite actors: holograms are probably the best we can hope for. But if it means we get some more james doohan; I'm all for it.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The interesting thing about holograms of real people is that aside from the "existing in the physical world" aspect of it, between learned ai that was submitted all available information about the character, ai generated voices and ai generated/cgi generated appearance that's exactly what we're doing.

Leah Brahms for everyone!

wonko the sane?

Citizen
The interesting thing about holograms of real people is that aside from the "existing in the physical world" aspect of it, between learned ai that was submitted all available information about the character, ai generated voices and ai generated/cgi generated appearance that's exactly what we're doing.

Leah Brahms for everyone!
Hmmm, a James T. Kirk that ISN'T a total ham... you do make a convincing argument.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It was a syndicated TV show down here. It was broadcast on Saturday nights over the air. CBS had it in our market, but I think Fox. ABC, and NBC had it in others.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ours came on at the same time as Hee Haw so good luck trying to watch it at grandma's house

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
One of our local indie UHF stations used to show Star Trek in the 6PM slot, and my folks were old school Trekkies, so we'd watch that if the news wasn't very interesting. Monday through Thursday it was TOS reruns, and Friday was TNG.

If we didn't catch it on Friday, one of the other local stations ran TNG at 7 on Saturday nights, which gave us a convenient pre-Trek window for dinner after watching Doctor Who in the afternoon on PBS.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
It aired weekly on ABC up here; 7 pm. I want to say thursdays, but the only thing I can confirm is not friday.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Here in my neck of Canada, our local CBC affiliate aired new TNG episodes Saturday nights at 7, and reruns of previous seasons every night at 6. DS9 would air on Tuesdays(?) at 7.

After the first couple of seasons, the rights went to CityTV, which I didn't have access to, so I'd have to watch DS9 and Voyager on the Fox affiliate we had access to out of Rochester, NY weekends at 5 and 6 PM. Two straight hours of Star Trek a week was a good time.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I remember going with my dad to take him to his VA appointments. At the time it was a good two hour plus drive each way to the VA hospital. However, they had this big projection screen tv in their lobby that was tuned to Spike TV (I think it was called that then 2003-2006ish). They would play DS9 and TNG for like four hours, and that really killed the time waiting in that lobby.

Top Bottom