Spooktacular Remembrance Project

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sadly I don't have any posts from the Spooktacular campaign. None. But I'm going to dump what I do have.

First, the player handbook.

Okay, Rules:

Searching and movement:

Players must declare what rooms they are going to, and no more than three can go to the same room at once. Players can cover more ground if they split up, but are safer from enemies in groups. Staying in a room increases the chance of finding something, but also increases the chances of being found. Players must decide whether it is better to search quickly and and move on or take time and be at risk.

DC for finding clues goes down by two for each round stayed in a room, but chances for ghosts doubles.

Regular ghosts 1 in 3 chance to encounter to start with while Rasophae has a 1 in 9 chance.

There are 9 rooms. These rooms are more or less the same as on a Clue board:

Ballroom/Sanctuary

Foyer (Hall in Clue)

Trophy Room (Replaces Billards Room)

Library
Study
Kitchen
Dining room
Lounge
Conservatory

Each round players get ONE 'action' pose to keep thing simple. Action poses is where you can use you skills, talents, or search. You CANNOT fight the ghosts. You can try, but your attacks won't land and it's a waste of a turn.

----

Clues:

Artifact Clues:

Four Clues for each object, and there are 5 objects. ‘Good Clues’ and ‘Bad Clues’ broken into two categories: “What is the Artifact?” and “Where is the Artifact?” Players must know what and where the Artifact is before they can find it.

Suspect clues:

These are clues that reveal who Rhapsody’s killer was, Each one reveals potential information about the pony that did it, and only having all of them will reveal the culprit.

Location Clues:

Clues that point out where Symphony is. All Clues are needed to find her location.

Players must declare which kind of clue they are looking for, DC will vary depending on what type.

----

Health

Each player has a Talismen of Olmec, each talismen has three charges. Encountering a Ghost slowly drains the Talismen’s charm, encountering Rasophae completely drains it. Players cuaght by ghost or Rasophae with a depowered Talismen are dragged to ‘the other side’. They may or may not be brought back as Ghosts. Player Ghosts increase the encounter rate for ghosts for each one brought back. Rules for Player Ghosts will be addressed in private.

Talismen power can only be restored once per sanctuary. Players must safely get back to the sanctuary (Ballroom) when the talisman is drained and must wait two turns before it is charged. Recharging weakens the Sanctuary’s power. If all 6 have been recharged, Sanctuary is lost.

Sanctuary is a safe zone, where Ghosts can’t harm you. Even if they are present they have no power as long as Sanctuary is active. All Artifacts and Symphony must be taken to Sanctuary for safe keeping. IF Sanctuary is lost it takes 7 rounds to be restored. Swift Tart can only Restore Sanctuary once.

---

Harmony

Harmony has no Talismen and must be protected by other players. Losing her affects how helpful the Mistress of Lore will be. Harmony can also locate specifically ONE artifact, meaning for that one artifact you won’t need a location clue if she’s still alive. Harmony refuses to stay in one location as long as Rhapsody’s killer is on the loose and will actively change rooms with or without accompaniment. Once the Killer is known Harmony will stay at Sanctuary, if she’s still alive.

---

Mistress of Lore

Mistress of Lore arrives late in the game. She knows what and where the artifacts are. Mistress of Lore can also instantly cast a Sanctuary Spell, but it can’t restore talismens. How helpful she is depends on how successful they players are. Symphony’s location, Harmony’s health, # of Artifact found, and Identity of the Killer all effect how helpful she’ll end up being.

----

End Game conditions:

To Win, the players must gather all five artifacts, return to Sanctuary, and recite the counterspell when Rasophae is in the room.

Secondary goals:

Saving Symphony. Not required to win, But her presence means the counterspell’s power is boosted and not limited to Sanctuary.

Finding the killer: Rasophae is a vengeful spirit, and if the players learn who the killer was they can bait her into a room. Regularly, this sacrifices this killer, end game it can lure Rasophae to Sanctuary quicker for the ritual.

Bonus: ? - If this still alive, and the group has figured it out; This player can also be used in the bait role in place of the Killer if the Killer is dead or left undiscovered,

Bonus: Harmony - If still alive, and ONLY the Killer has be found, will willingly lure Rasophae if the above player or the Killer isn’t present.

Game Over: If all players die.

---

Let me know if there are any questions or anythig you feel I am missing. I am still a bit fatiqued mentally so might have forgotten something.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Next is my player checklist as it was whenever I stopped updating it.

Artifacts: 0/5

Artifact Clues: 8/10

Harmony’s Artifact: 0/1

Suspect Clues: 4/6

Location Clues: 6/6

Have we saved Symphony? 0/1

Have we found the killer? 0/1

My Sanctuary Recharges: 1/2

If Sanctuary lost: 0/7

My Health: 3/3

Base values:

Artifacts: Good 18 Bad: 15

Location and Suspects: 15

Round 2 if staying in the same room, those would be lowered to 16 and 13 and so on.

Artifacts: Good 16 Bad: 13

Location and Suspects: 13

A Torch Shall lead the way into Darkness

4 Torch shall lead the way into Darkness.

Artifact: 8/10

Conserve your efforts to reap what you sew. - Foyer, Good (Where?, unsolved.) (Appears to pair with "Following this Thread")

Seek the Knife that makes pans flench. - Library, Good (What?, unsolved.)

You can't hyd from these spikes. - Library, Vague (What?, unsolved.)

The forest of the dead is where you learn to spell. - Trophy Room, Good (Where, Library.)

Liquid Night runed the masque. - Kitchen, Good (What?, unsolved.)

Friendship isn't the only kind there is. - Lounge, Good (What, unsolved.)

Bask in Aw in the greatness of others. - Lounge, Good (Where, unsolved.)

Following this thread will quickly get you to the point. - Study, Good (What, unsolved.)

Location / Symphony: 6/6

Darkness can be found between Victory and Knowledge - Library

Knight and Light combine to drive Darkness away. - Foyer

4 Torch Shall lead the way into Darkness. - Kitchen

Darkness comes at Knight. - Conservatory

The Darkness conceals the music that you seek. - Dining Room

Darkness can only be overcome mutually. - Study

Suspect: 4/6

Is a stallion. - Trophy room.

With blue eyes. - Dining Hall.

Maybe mind controlled. - Lounge.

"Color of fear." - Study

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And art.

map.jpg

Spooktacular Special v8.jpg

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
738D9163-3D23-4FAC-BFE6-F3E659AFF4B6.jpeg

I'm afraid this is all I have. I'm sure Shadewing would probably have her old avatar pic somewhere. I could link to the F-you song she used in the climax... but...language.

Top Bottom