Spider-Man: No Way Home

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Now I need to avoid this thread and all spoilers until this comes out on UHD this spring. See you in 90 days!

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Great film, I totally lost it when
Andrew Spiderman caught MJ. Not when May died, or Peter lost his friends. That destroyed me.

So glad all the characters had the correct, characterizations, motivations, and fates. I was worried they were going to change that to fit the story.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
I dont know if its the writers marvel hires or if its just a general improvement all together, but i dont think theres been a single instance of one of these movies feeling stuffed and characters wasted. Everyone had good screen time, good scenes and nobody was just "there". A far cry from the likes of spider man 3

and one very important thing i forgot about: dum-e makes an appearance!!

Last edited:

Bass X0

Citizen
There was something that was of note to me at the beginning of the movie...

A student forced to kill in self-defence who then gets hounded and harassed in his real life and online by other students, the general public and the media even though he was cleared of charges of murder.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Loved it. I don't think I've had as much fun in a theatre since Infinity War/Endgame. What an incredible ride.

Willem Dafoe really hasn't lost his edge. Green Goblin was absolutely terrifying in this film. I guess at the time the first Spider-Man was shot, the character couldn't help but be a little cheesy. Without really changing anything about the core character, the MCU turned him into a great villain. That grin he gave Peter just before throwing the bomb at May and his "you can thank me later" line... really gave me chills.

Another thing I liked was how the entire nature of Electro's power changed after being exposed to the different energies of the MCU (just getting his body back seemed to restore some of his sanity)... and then of course the Arc Reactor acting as temptation and upping his game even further... that was a clever touch. I hated Electro in ASM2, so this incarnation was a welcome change.

I stayed entirely spoiler free, so the whole redeeming the villains thing was a surprise for me, and one I really enjoyed. Particularly in the case of Norman and Doc Oc. I'm kind of curious how it would all work, though... since they came from the past of their respective Universes and the two Peters came (presumably) from the present, will both Peters
return to slightly altered timelines with redeemed future versions of those villains?

Some of my favourite stuff was jus the dialogue between the various characters.

"Max was such a sweet guy before he fell into a vat of electric eels."

"Yeah, that'll do it."

Can't wait to see it again.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Loved it. I don't think I've had as much fun in a theatre since Infinity War/Endgame. What an incredible ride.

Willem Dafoe really hasn't lost his edge. Green Goblin was absolutely terrifying in this film. I guess at the time the first Spider-Man was shot, the character couldn't help but be a little cheesy. Without really changing anything about the core character, the MCU turned him into a great villain. That grin he gave Peter just before throwing the bomb at May and his "you can thank me later" line... really gave me chills.

Another thing I liked was how the entire nature of Electro's power changed after being exposed to the different energies of the MCU (just getting his body back seemed to restore some of his sanity)... and then of course the Arc Reactor acting as temptation and upping his game even further... that was a clever touch. I hated Electro in ASM2, so this incarnation was a welcome change.

I stayed entirely spoiler free, so the whole redeeming the villains thing was a surprise for me, and one I really enjoyed. Particularly in the case of Norman and Doc Oc. I'm kind of curious how it would all work, though... since they came from the past of their respective Universes and the two Peters came (presumably) from the present, will both Peters
return to slightly altered timelines with redeemed future versions of those villains?

Some of my favourite stuff was jus the dialogue between the various characters.

"Max was such a sweet guy before he fell into a vat of electric eels."

"Yeah, that'll do it."

Can't wait to see it again.
The spidermen will return to " there" timeline. The villains, will return to there own timeline, but it will branch due to there changes and create a new timeline.

AgentOrange

Citizen
There was something that was of note to me at the beginning of the movie...

A student forced to kill in self-defence who then gets hounded and harassed in his real life and online by other students, the general public and the media even though he was cleared of charges of murder.
That's probably the dumbest ******* thing you've ever posted, and that's saying something

Cradok

Citizen
I'm still kinda high off of it, but right now it easily slots into my top 5 MCU films (Homecoming is probably top third, and FFH is easily bottom 5, for comparison). The whole cinema I was in was amped too, which was great. People legit boy band screamed when the other two Peters showed up, and there was cheers, applause and crying when Amazing caught MJ. I really liked how gimmicky all the multiversal characters weren't. Ock and Goblin were used so well, and the three Peters were the heart of the story, I was so glad they showed up so early, rather than just being last minute cavalry.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The most annoying thing about seeing it in the theater is the thing that's always annoyed me since I was a teenager - people laughing louder when it shows what happened in the preview vs. other times that weren't in the preview, if that makes sense.

I don't know why people do that, but it's very much "LOL that's the part I saw at home!"

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
One of my favorite details I don't see anyone mentioning is how when Strange knocks Peter's spirit out of his body, his spirit actually shows the Spidey Sense tingle lines around his head.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I saw it yesterday, absolutely spectacular I loved every moment of it (well not EVERY moment) but I suddenly want to buy Maguire's and Garfield's movies along with this.

Loved all of the shout outs or memes whatever you want to call them.

I had a bad feeling Aunt May wasn't going to live through it when I saw Marisa Tomei on a talk show and she said she skipped the premier and regrets not going, got very choked up during that scene despite expecting it.

The villains were all great, but Dafoe stood out his Goblin was so good he didn't need a mask or helmet to be scary.

My theater was good, I don't recall any annoying jokes or anything being shouted out, but people gasped and cheered (but not at a drown out the movie level) when the two Spider-Men appeared, people cheered when Andrew saved MJ, one women I think jumped out of her seat when Tobey got stabbed (I'm okay I get stabbed a lot :LOL:)

Seeing the three Peter's bond and exchange stories was great, they really felt like three brothers hanging out.

There was a small part of me that was hoping towards the end as more villains would be coming through then more Spider people would have shown up, but I'm also glad they didn't as it would have been small cameos for just a few seconds

I did occur to me that at the speed that Stephen (hmm sounds weird) Dr. Strange was modifying the spell in the beginning, why didn't he make it at the end to exclude MJ, Ned and himself, but then that would have changed the whole sacrifice aspect of the ending.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
One of my favorite details I don't see anyone mentioning is how when Strange knocks Peter's spirit out of his body, his spirit actually shows the Spidey Sense tingle lines around his head.
A favorite of mine as well. Completely missed it the first time but I noticed it on the second watch through.

Bass X0

Citizen
That's probably the dumbest ******* thing you've ever posted, and that's saying something
Am I wrong? Did what I said not happen in the movie?

Of course we the viewer know the truth, but Mysterio tricked the world into believing Peter was a murderer.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Finally saw it. It was GREAT! As mentioned, I was glad to "certain guest stars" get more than a final act cameo, and all looked to be having a blast reprising old roles.

I thought it was interesting how they managed to end this trilogy by, effectively, setting a "soft reboot" for the next round of films. I actually dug how much a troll the entire "Venom" thing ended up being.
I also loved the return of Matt Murdock, especially they going as far as showing how he's a "very GOOD lawyer". It actually jives quite nicely with Kingpin's return tomorrow on Hawkeye!

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah. I sat through the whole movie waiting for Venom to end up in the Wizard's Dungeon, but alas. Trickery.

MrBlud

Citizen
It’s kinda a neat bit of symmetry that both Norman and Otto *could’ve* already been the fixed versions in the original Movie endings. I doubt that’s the intention but still kinda cool.

speaking of, how exactly would things change in their Universes if they went back fixed?

I think the largest change would be Norman. Given he’d return right before the Glider Impalement he’d still be *technically* responsible for quite a few murders. Given his wealth though it’s not impossible he’d get off on a technicality. Provided he remembers his time in the MCU he could even preemptively help Otto construct the better regulator and not lose his wife and become Doc Ock.

Otto would presumably come back right as he unmasked Peter. He’d have full control of his arms so he *might* not go down with the ship as it were but again, quite a few murders he’d have to answer for and likely be more compelled to since he has control back.

Flint would be human and overall most likely happiest. No clue if he’d finish his sentence though.

Conners would end up pretty much exactly as he did otherwise. Cured of the Lizard but in jail.

Not exactly sure where or when Max would end up? At the power station maybe? I feel like that wouldn’t change much since Harry would still be coming. Unless he left with Gwen or something.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It just occurred to me...

Why was Venom there? I was under the impression his universe doesn't have a Spider-Man, and even if it does, it doesn't sound like they've met, so would he know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man?

MrBlud

Citizen
The ending of Let there be Carnage essentially said the symbiotes can call on the knowledge of all their multiversal versions. Venom had just let Eddie know that when the spell hit and Venom does know Peter’s identity in quite a few realities.

Top Bottom