Spider-Man: No Way Home

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Tom Holland's third solo outing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe will hit U.S. theaters Friday 17 December 2021. We finally have the official poster:

8mudir5meay71.jpg

Teaser trailer released at CinemaCon 2021:

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
Fans are expecting this film to cure cancer in addition to being the best thing since the ThighMaster. Trying to maintain a level of clearheadedness and not get swept up in the OMG! Reaction it seems like every little bit of news gets when it comes out.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
All I know is Sony found an easy way to get their Sinister 6(?) going without fears of the next reboot getting I the way first.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Goblin
Doc Ock
Electro
Sandman
Lizard (rumored)
Vulture?

Spider-Man (Men!?)...and Venom?... vs the Sinister Six would be a HELL of a way to end this trilogy.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
That’s the presumed line up. Some YouTuber brought up Morlun but I doubt we would get him in here. Though his comic version is included in the Legends wave…..

There’s no real confirmation that we will get the S6 or anything but it’s sure looking that way right now.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
So that's 5 confirmed yes?

Unless I missed one that's Goblin, Ock, Electro, Lizard and Sandman.

Even rumors aside it seems super unlikely that they'd do five villains and not just go full Sinister Six...

but why show all the others and hide the last one? It's got to be for a reason.

-ZacWilliam, which suggests to me someone more important or impactful than Vulture or Rhino would be...

Thefakelink

Citizen
So that's 5 confirmed yes?

Unless I missed one that's Goblin, Ock, Electro, Lizard and Sandman.

Even rumors aside it seems super unlikely that they'd do five villains and not just go full Sinister Six...

but why show all the others and hide the last one? It's got to be for a reason.

-ZacWilliam, which suggests to me someone more important or impactful than Vulture or Rhino would be...
Could be Mysterio, faked his death. Or out of left field, Scorpion. Rhino would be a surprise as well, but more of a wtf than anything.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Yeah but none of those are important or cool enough characters to be worth keeping a secret if you are revealing DeFoe's Goblin and Doc Ock. Those are your big important villains. Rhino, Vulture, Mysterio and Scorpion are fun villains but they're just jobbers really. They're not a surprise anyone cares about enough to make a big secret reveal.

-ZacWilliam, honestly I can only think of two villains who would be and would make sense in the story. I could be wrong, but it feels like they're hiding a villain and I can only think of 2 that would rate doing that with.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Venom is a presumed one but if that's the case it had better be Topher's because there is no reason for Hardy's Venom to have beef with Pete. I could see them multiverse bs'ing a way into it but please no.

With Dafoe's Norman do we need Harry? I mean if they want to switch it up and make him a version of Hobgoblin I guess.

But if we are Sinister Sixing it up I'd prefer a Mysterio comeback......with Bruce Campbell finally playing the role.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
I mean, Mysterio became a pretty big thing with the last movie. Multiversal shenanigans could potentially allow them an "out" in regards to the Spider-Man identity angle. He's also been pretty big in some of the merchandising (similar to how merchandisers were coy with "snapped characters" in the build up to Endgame).
Getting one of the Harry Osborns would be a big catch, too.

Another villain angle might be an "evil" Spider-Man, or Man-Spider angle. Like Zac said though, it feels unlikely they'd stop JUST SHORT of a dang Sinister Six

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
The second Goblin Glider shot...I've paused it multiple times and it just reminds me more of Amazing Spider-Man's Green Goblin more than Norman's Goblin. Whomever the Goblin in that scene is, they aren't wearing a helmet.

This trailer has piqued my interest. I like the set up here, that the main conflict is Peter not wanting to kill these guys as opposed to Strange wanting to maintain the timeline.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Imagine if we get my Campbell Mysterio idea. Not only does the long rumored role finally come to him but we also make the MCU Mysterio's fake backstory come true :D

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Wild theory!
What if the final villain, the mysterious second Goblin…is Ned Leeds? He’s been sidekick relief through all the films, and has been largely inconsequential in helping Peter in his Spider-Maning.
What if Norman Osborn approaches Ned with the Goblin serum? To give him the power to actually do something about his situation and how Peter seemed to abandon him in favor of MJ (even though Ned was the first to find out about the Spider-Man thing). What if in trying to help…he becomes at odds with Peter forcing a fight?

Just a theory but it might have some weight given the main crux of the film’s theme being Peter’s reluctance to restore the timeline at the expense of others’ lives and the broader mortality rate among Spider-Man villains.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Venom is a presumed one but if that's the case it had better be Topher's because there is no reason for Hardy's Venom to have beef with Pete. I could see them multiverse bs'ing a way into it but please no.

With Dafoe's Norman do we need Harry? I mean if they want to switch it up and make him a version of Hobgoblin I guess.

But if we are Sinister Sixing it up I'd prefer a Mysterio comeback......with Bruce Campbell finally playing the role.
this is covered in Venom. Sort of. In the post credit scene he talks about how the Symbiotes share memories (maybe consciousness, I forgot exactly how it's phrased) and that they do so even across dimensions. We then see Venom shift to another universe, one that seems a lot like the MCU, we see Jameson revealing Spider-Man, and Venom appears to recognize him.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
It just hit me, there's a brief scene of Otto's arms going red.
Looks like someone got into the Starktech Nanobots.

Top Bottom