Spider-Man: No Way Home

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
this is covered in Venom. Sort of. In the post credit scene he talks about how the Symbiotes share memories (maybe consciousness, I forgot exactly how it's phrased) and that they do so even across dimensions. We then see Venom shift to another universe, one that seems a lot like the MCU, we see Jameson revealing Spider-Man, and Venom appears to recognize him.
Yep aware of that. Don’t care for it’s easy way to bs a reason though.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
Wasnt there a theory sometime back about flash becoming a villain?

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
So like, it's a fanwankier version of Into the Spider-Verse?

I dunno, after shit like Space Jam and Ready Player One and everything I'm completely sick of this sort of memberberry movie now. The actual plot idea here of Spider-Man being compelled to kill his foes because that's their fate is kinda interesting, doesn't need to reference literally every other Spider-Man movie there ever was.

EDIT: Also, as someone mostly just waiting for GotG 3, the MCU feels like it's rapidly getting... stupid. Multiverses and time streams and variants, and there's still damn near three years to go! 😟

Last edited:

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I'll see it; but then I'd have gone to see it no matter what. As much as I like multiverse stuff, I hope it doesn't go too crazy with it as it may kind of confuse general audiences. Along with what we've seen, if we get Maguire and Garfield cameos (and hopefully Bruce Campbell, though I'm not holding my breath on that one) I'll be happy with this.

Electro was kind of a "blah" villain (specific to ASM2, that is, I don't know about the comic versions), though maybe this movie could help improve on him.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I skipped the last two, but I'm going to see this one if I can, in large part for more Strange - especially since it seems like it's the leadup to the next Strange movie. I've seen enough of Far from Home from the gym to get the context on where this is starting out from.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Im hoping for full out insanity. Literal cg cartoon Miles Morales. Cel animated Spider-ham. SPIDER-PIG from Simpsons! 100% unhinged nonsense!

Would ot be so hard for DaFoe Goblin to throw a tattered hooded cape over that old costume? I feel like it'd do wonders for it.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
The part once played by Andrew Garfield will now be played by Spider-Man the Cat from the Miles Morales game.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
Watched it last night when the keys unlocked at midnight.
Came in again early this morning and watched it before the workday began.

You guys are not prepared.

IMG_1999.gif

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
wow. just...wow

awesome. amazing. spectacular. (i had to do it :devilish:)

got chills when charlie cox showed up. dont know if too many people in the theater knew who he was though. its great to see at least one netflix show get some love on the big screen

does damage control REALLY have the authority to make arrests? seems beyond their purview

when theyre opening their letters in the diner, was that a stan lee doll behind pete?

caught an easter egg on the mit ladies car license plate (they seem to love putting those there...)-63asm3. amazing spider man #3 1963. doc ocks first appearance

big cheers when andrew and tobey showed up.

loved the banter between the 3 spideys, especially the "those come right out of you??"

mcu spidey: "with great power.."

tobey: "..comes great responsibility". i nearly lost it there. almost lost it again when andrew saved mj, knowing he couldnt save gwen (i think he about lost it too)

fight at the end between spidey and gobline was intense

and i absolutely LOVE the classic red and blues at the end. finally going at it as just himself, they way spidey should do. been waiting for that suit since civil war. definitely want a figure of that

looks like we wont see a tom spidey vs tom venom, but some form of venom is now in the mcu

no ramones song this time :cautious:

this had all the signs of "this is the last hurrah for mcu spidey", but i hope it keeps going. especially if they are this good

Last edited:

Sean Whitmore

Citizen
I'll be curious to come back to this movie in a few years and see how well it holds up after the emotions have died down.

Because right now the emotions are WAY the hell up. I loved it, and I don't think it was JUST because of the nostalgia, but honestly, the nostalgia was strong enough to make me forgive/overlook stuff that might have annoyed me otherwise.

Paladin

Citizen
I'm curious just how closely the tracking of COVID cases spiking will be linked to this theatrical exclusive release.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well I am disappointed in a few things.

Namely the mid credits scene pulling Eddie back out of the MCU. Sure he left a little bit there again but that was just too much of a tease.

And come on! One short of six! So close and biffed the easy landing! *sigh* I'll admit getting the star power with everyone they did it probably did throw the casting bill a bit up there.

Also, how much did that spell have to rewrite to essentially remove Peter from everyone's existence as it did. That's a reality rewrite on a massive scale to pull even just one person out of the minds of the world. And did it erase all traces of him? Are his documents gone? Is he completely off the grid? I mean it's bad enough that he's got to get his GED rather than finish High School it seems. That's crazy.

Also Wong is Sorcerer Supreme due to Stephen being Blipped :D

But Man this still has to be one of the best Spidey live action films!

Tom felt spot on as his version of Peter through out the film without the complete shadow of Tony hovering above him constantly. Sure there's still elements like Happy and the nano tech suits and the tech overall, but Tony himself wasn't a constant presence overall. It was Pete's story of how he dealt with the situation within his means.

And OMG when Ned used the Sling Ring and Peter didn't initially respond I figured it was Maguire at first until I saw the suit and Garfield's Pete showed. But man all three Pete's interacting with each other was awesome. Loved it when MCU and Amazing are curious about Maguires' organic webbing.

And the villains! Hmmm. so glad it wasn't just a one scene and done cameo. Each of the 5 got time to interact on the screen. I'm glad to see Lizard and Sandman weren't just CGI monsters to fight and heck loved it when Sandman initially acts like an ally. Considering I got into comics while he was with Silver Sable and the Wild Pack it was cool to see him act on the side of the angels. Even when the villains all take a turn, he's really just wanting to go back and be with his daughter. And really he's the only one out of the 5 who would be mostly ok being sent back as he was still free afterwards. Everyone else either dies or is incarcerated.

And between Molina and Dafoe it was so good to see them back. It's actually cool that it is within character for Peter to fix Octavius and for Otto to be more sensible afterwards in this version.

But Osborn... total conformation that there is no OsCorp in this reality! Whether or not that is a hard no on there being a Norman and Harry I don't know.

Though considering what we have seen in the previews for Morbius now..... What reality is he in? There is an obvious OsCorp building in it's trailer. He knows about Venom and there are reference's to happening in San Francisco. Yet it's also shown a very MCU Spidey mural with Murderer graffitied over it. It's either Venom's reality or one that's blended them together. Or it could be smokescreen and some of this is just SONY playing up expectations leading up to it before NWH released.

MrBlud

Citizen
I assume it just removed Peter Parker and Spider-Man still existed and did all those things. That solves most problems but uhh kinda ***** up Endgame since that picture of NO ONE APPARENTLY finally pushed Tony to solve Time Travel

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Mysterio is technically one of the Six, since it was his actions that lead to everything in the first place. Without Mysterio unmasking Peter to the world, No Way Home would never have happened.

And no, I haven't seen the film. I'm off the MCU-train, but I keep abreast developments. Will probably opt to see this just for all three Spidey's interacting.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Actually that reminds me, another disappointment...

No Bruce Campbell Mysterio! Would of been a fun joke for the heck of it. And a proper 6 all together! MCU Mysterio doesn't count since he was just in footage from last movie.

Top Bottom