Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse

Axaday

Citizen
I only knew Miles from Into the Spiderverse, but my daughters have been watching Spidey and his Amazing Friends. It is awkward putting all the spiders together. They gave Gwen and Miles other powers so that their stories wouldn’t feel redundant. But when you put the all together it makes Peter pretty plain.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I only knew Miles from Into the Spiderverse, but my daughters have been watching Spidey and his Amazing Friends. It is awkward putting all the spiders together. They gave Gwen and Miles other powers so that their stories wouldn’t feel redundant. But when you put the all together it makes Peter pretty plain.
What do they have there?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Miles has always had invisibility and bio-electric stings in all media. I'll be honest I can't think of any powers Gwen has that Pete doesn't, but I admit to not having read as many stories with her.

Spiderverse has made me so use to them as a trio, and though I've only watched an occasional ep Spidey and Friends has backed that up, that it felt kinda weird to me that she doesn't exist in the universe of the PS5 Spider-man 2 game that I just finished. I kept wanting her to show up.

-ZacWilliam, she doesn't really fit in that Universe though sadly, so I don't expect her even in the inevitable 3. Although it looks like they're teasing someone who'd be a good stand in (spoilers for the game so I won't elaborate.)

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Yeah, that's absolutely a Peter thing since the earliest comics it's just one people rarely remember or use since the web swinging accomplishes the same thing in a more unique and iconic way.

It's nice to let her use it a little so she has a "specialty".

-ZacWilliam, I heard a lot of people loving the gliding in Spderman 2 but while it was ok for going long distances I still much prefered swinging. Just more fun.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I played Spider-Man 2 first so back tracking to Spider-Man 1 PS4 (and now at Miles Morales), I totally miss the gliding, dang it

Axaday

Citizen
I was wondering yesterday while the girls watched Spidey if the Amazing Friends cartoon I watched as a kid was what actually established the motion picture look of Spiderman swinging through the city.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Greg Weisman has a few particular opinions about the inclusion of Josh Keaton's Spectacular Spider-Man in this movie:

Last edited:

Top Bottom