Sound off: Last TF you bought

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
After months of nothing (well, apart from Cyberverse) my Meijer actually got a bunch of new product in! Picked up Rodimus Prime, and got a Tracks for the heck of it. Tracks really is one of those figures you regret buying as soon as you get them out of the package, isn't he?
Tracks definitely has issues but I'm really enjoying him.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'd bet that a lot of people here just got charged for Star Saber.

They charged me overnight after the campain ended, so now, its a case of simply wait for them to deliver the goods, I expect when they achived the 11.000 backers they wanted to start with, they began production on the actual molds for the figures!

Echowarrior

Citizen
They charged me overnight after the campain ended, so now, its a case of simply wait for them to deliver the goods, I expect when they achived the 11.000 backers they wanted to start with, they began production on the actual molds for the figures!
No. I doubt they could go into it that quickly. More likely that they'd wait for the campaign to finish before even starting work on the molds.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
No. I doubt they could go into it that quickly. More likely that they'd wait for the campaign to finish before even starting work on the molds.

We don't know anything for sure, it could well be that they were getting the stuff they need in order to produce the figures during this preiod, it could be that they are already hard at work on it and maybe getting someone to come up with some box art for this, but we just don't know unless you got an insider at Hasbro who connected to this project!

Echowarrior

Citizen
We don't know anything for sure, it could well be that they were getting the stuff they need in order to produce the figures during this preiod, it could be that they are already hard at work on it and maybe getting someone to come up with some box art for this, but we just don't know unless you got an insider at Hasbro who connected to this project!

I don't have an insider. I'm just being realistic...maybe a touch cynical.

Making molds and tooling requires time and money. A company isn't going to devote time and/or money towards something until they are absolutely certain it's going into production. Hasbro not only had a goal, they had stretch goals, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to make molds and tooling (or locate and set aside molds and tooling, in the case of the Micromasters) until it's absolutely certain that they're going to be used.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro was optimistic that they'd get enough backers for the second and third stretch goals - as is clear by now, they did. But I imagine that if they hadn't reached the second or third goal, they wouldn't bother making molds and tooling for the stand or the shield, or chase down what they needed for the Micromasters. And in my mind, it makes no sense to start work on the project until they know the full extent of how much work needs to be done. It would be like you ordering a meal at a fast food joint, and then ordering more halfway through the preparation of the initial order.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Making molds and tooling requires time and money.
But they haven't made molds or tooling yet. At least, they hadn't as of this same point in the Unicron campaign. We didn't get the update about the molds being created until months after the backing period ended. What we've seen so far is preliminary engineering, and it's not unusual at all for figures to make it this far and get abandoned. Just look at BWNeo Unicron.

Echowarrior

Citizen
But they haven't made molds or tooling yet. At least, they hadn't as of this same point in the Unicron campaign. We didn't get the update about the molds being created until months after the backing period ended. What we've seen so far is preliminary engineering, and it's not unusual at all for figures to make it this far and get abandoned. Just look at BWNeo Unicron.
No, they haven't made them yet. I didn't say that they had. I'm merely arguing that they're not going to make them until the campaign is over, rather than make them once they knew they had the minimum needed to fund the toy.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Finally found Grindor, and he is good. Worth the wait. Both modes top notch. The rotor span makes the alt mode feel extra huge. The robot mode doesn't have much more kibble than the actual movie model does. Ravage is... there. He's fine.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Thanks to some Best Buy Gift Cards from my Credit Card Rewards and a 30% off coupon, I paid $6.50 out of pocket for Kingdom Ultra Magnus and Cyclonus
(Hell, with the exceptions of the Netflix spoiler sets and Selects Galvatron, I’ve yet to pay full price for a mass retail leader for the last 10 years!)
Also just got TWrecks in the mail from Target (whom I used a 25% off coupon).

I think the only thing left is Slammer and Core Soundwave (who I’m not worried about as he’s going to get a package refresh next year) and I can take a good break until Legacy hits next summer

Last edited:

electricidad

Citizen
Found Studio Grimlock in a banged-up box yesterday. Was charged only $45.

The price reduction was nice, but this figure is perfect at any price. I had a huge, goofy smile on my face as I was transforming him. He's a delightful analogue to G1.

Deathy G1

Citizen
I had a decent haul from TFCon as well as other goodies nabbed the same weekend.

From TFCon:
Newage Pistolonyx (TFCon Exclusive)
MP-27 Ironhide
MP-48 Lio Convoy

From Hasbro Pulse:
Shattered Glass Goldbug
WFC Trilogy Covert Agent & Decepticons Forever Ravage

From Target:
Kingdom Waspinator

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Pulsecon Ravage arrived and I guess I jinxed myself because I finally paid full price for a Leader figure: Studio Series Slag during the big Pulse restock

Top Bottom