Sonic The Hedgehog

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
While I had other things I was about to talk about, I noticed a question I asked on the BumbleKast got answered surprisingly fast:

Sonic Frontiers: Divergence's flashback changes are essentially compression of plot due to time and being a different medium as opposed to being anything to do with the main canon.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
More random thoughts about The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog:

-Of the four major characters that don't show up, all make sense. It's been confirmed that Cream and Charmy weren't added since they are six and this is a murder mystery, but both have personalities that could get in the way a mystery. Omega never shows up but he's a living weapon that would trigger all the train's sensors, he would probably instantly detect that the train is a badnik, and I simply can't Omega at a birthday party. Silver is from the future so it's possible he couldn't be reached.
-The train's level of sapience has a quiet bit of dark humor to it. Especially with it being noted that this was the Mirage Express's doing and Eggman only found out once the plan was in motion. Tails' lore card stating that the Flicky left the detective to join Eggman eerily seemed like the train taunting "it was me" once it was revealed that the train is a badnik. Though I wonder if Vector would have picked if he was picked to be the detective.
-I assumed that Espio got through the dusty cabinet due "he's a ninja" reasoning. Though didn't it state that opening the dresser too fast is what caused the dust to fly everywhere?
-In the area of the game's dubious canon, it leans on the concept of Eggman being a legitimate business owner. I wonder if he does world conquering schemes as Dr. Eggman while he fills out business paperwork in his birth name.
-Tails reaffirmed he's my favorite character by stressing out about library books being all over the floor.
-After the wiped out civilizations and depression music of Frontiers, it was nice to see Amy's goofiness return. There was a good balance of her silly and serious side across the game.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ah, just what we needed... more of this.

At least they haven't given him a stupid name yet.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh, people have been kvetching about the "Classic Sonic" from Generations and on not being the "true" Sonic from the Genesis games, and if it didn't start stupid, it certainly got there with time.

This might be satire. I'm not even sure anymore. That's how bonkers some of this stuff/these people are.

And now they've gotten Tails.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
It's probably half satire and half serious. Some people aren't as self aware as they think and certainly aren't as smart as they think. Yay internet.

What came to my mind was 'what color is Tails?' While the hill I probably won't die on is 'Orange', it actually fluctuates based on if the picture is hand drawn or CGI in style.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
That doesn't explain why they always drew his eyes with backwards perspective. (Closest eye to the camera is smaller compared to furthest one away)

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Look, if it's going to be like this, just get to the part where you run your nails down the chalkboard already. :p

Ah, seriously, that was probably my OTHER biggest pet peeve at the time, at least regarding Tails.

Near as I can tell, I think Scott Shaw! did the style guide used by DiC and Archie early on, and maybe somebody misinterpreted something from that? Or maybe this...

1683887157362.png

...was drawn by him directly?

Either way, I think he had something to do with it?

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Watching several BumbleKasts I have to say I sometimes feel sorry for Ian Flynn. I skip around instead of listening to every question but a number of questions seem either random or stem from weird leaps of logic. It's gotta be a headache to deal with that, especially stuff that seems engineered to put him at odds with other parts of Sega.

Though one interesting confirmation about Sonic Prime got revealed: the pink Flicky following Amy is supposed to be the one that was in Gamma.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen

Totaling up all of Sonic's comics across Archie, IDW, UK's Sonic the Comic, and various manga means that Sonic will hit "Issue 900" this summer. Artists on the alternate covers will range from Tracy Yardley to Yuji Uekawa to Richard Elson.

In other news, we're 6 months past Frontiers' launch and only a month away from Update 2. Time sure flies.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Totaling up all of Sonic's comics across Archie, IDW, UK's Sonic the Comic, and various manga means that Sonic will hit "Issue 900" this summer.
That math doesn't really feel like it checks out. And one issue of Fleetway is NOT equal in content to Archie or IDW. Often, the Fleetway comic would only have a 10-page Sonic story, with the rest of the comic being taken up by comics for other Sega properties.

And including the various manga is cheating, in my mind. I don't know why, but it just feels like it. It's just not the same format at all from either of the western comics.

But, that's still quite the milestone. And ALL the big companies kind of cheat on the math when they want to do these big-numbered anniversary issues, so it's fine.

Here's a breakdown by someone who actually counted:
www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/13h022u/this_is_how_idw_sonic_gets_to_900_issues/
mcxw30m8kpza1.png

...So they actually counted wrong, as they forgot some of the Archie Super Specials and Fleetway specials.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Huh. I thought this would have to include all the games, cartoon episodes, and movies to hit that number. Neat.

Top Bottom