Sonic The Hedgehog

Shadewing

Citizen
So on the topic of Amy; I stumbled across this in Frontiers:

IMG_20221110_230321403.jpg

Also, Tangle gets named dropped by Sonic.

Shadewing

Citizen
Further thoughts on theses memos:

Tails also get one that like Amy's praises him and his accomplishments, but also speaks of how he feels he's wasting his potential; til he recalls the times Tails bested him solo and thinks maybe that's a good thing.

Sonic also get several mentions of how he deeply respects him for his achievements. A cut scene has the best summery of this. Sage: You hate Sonic, but you speak so fondly of him. Eggman: I respect Sonic. ... But Respect doesn't mean I have to like him.

Knuckles is the only one that doesn't really get a ride on the praise train. The memo about him is basically talking about he's gullibility being useful at times. Before realizing that Knux being trapped means the Master Emerald is unguarded, until remembering he's also stuck and does him little good.

Also, we get a few mentions of Maria, but the best ones are about Sage, his newest creation and how he starts seeing Sage as less of a program and more or a person. Hell I think one will really get under the anti-woke crowd as he ponders the correct pronouns for Sage before deciding 'Maybe I should ask'

Eggman, Cartoonishly evil genius... and more of an actual decent human being then most real life humans.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Didn't realize this was happening. Was it another shmoozefest with the internet celebrity-grade fans, or did others get a chance to be heard? (I think I've seen them do both, so...)

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
I didn't realize until the day of, otherwise I would have posted it sooner. It's now compiled, though:

While I prefer TailsTube, these can still be fun. To answer Nytetrayn's question, they were vastly better than the earlier years as far as fawning over internet stars. It's been noted that over 44,000 questions were asked. The one I found the most interesting was about whether Amy visits Little Planet. I'm intrigued since Little Planet has been on my mind recently and I know they're specific on which questions get answered..

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Just a reminder that all stock market activity is insider trading except the amateurs who know so little they might as well be playing the slots; it's just that only an unfortunate few ever get caught.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Is it just me, or does Sonic look kinda derpy in stills from Sonic Prime? It looks great in motion but he doesn't screenshot well.

I gotta say, I'm enjoying Sonic Frontiers but navigating Ares is very annoying. Or more that figuring out how to navigate it is annoying.

Further thoughts on theses memos:
Actually, it doesn't say many things about Maria but I think what it says is a lot. There's a vibe of resentment (and hints he may have suffered some neglect) but he turns around and wonders if Sage is like Maria.

Speaking of Sage, she's already made the comparison that Orbot and Cubot are like her brothers. So far, there's been a curious lack of bringing up Metal Sonic. I don't know if I just need to wait, they didn't think to bring him up, or if they deliberately aren't mentioning him.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Yeah I got completely at a loss as how to get back up to the norther part of the map. Lost a good half hour trying to maneuver my way up there. Doesnt help that theres more frequent "2d" segments on this island with boost pads that quickly result in a quick stop that throws off my sense of direction and momentum.

Shadewing

Citizen
Actually, it doesn't say many things about Maria but I think what it says is a lot. There's a vibe of resentment (and hints he may have suffered some neglect) but he turns around and wonders if Sage is like Maria.

Speaking of Sage, she's already made the comparison that Orbot and Cubot are like her brothers. So far, there's been a curious lack of bringing up Metal Sonic. I don't know if I just need to wait, they didn't think to bring him up, or if they deliberately aren't mentioning him.

Egg-Memos
They're honestly probably my favorite bit of the game. We don't usually get an actual look inside the Doc's head; so these are amazing bits of lore that build his character. Like how he talks somewhat fondly of three of the four heroes in this game. Sonic, Amy, and Tails he all has some kind of genuine praise for, Knux doesn't get that. Least imo. He respects Sonic's speed and acomplisments, He respects how much Amy has grown as a person since Sonic CD, He respects and maybe faintly fears Tails' intellgence (based on his 'maybe its better he's wasting his potential in Sonic's shadow'). All Knux gets is 'He's a Rube, but occasionally useful if I can point him at Sonic.' Hell, Sage is the biggest thing. Seeing him actually get emotinally attached to one of his creations. Eggman's always had a little bit of a soft side in him, that usually comes out when he's forced to work with Sonic or any of his allies. But we get to see it on fully display here, and with the Audio logs added in we really see it evolve from "It is a useful program" to realizing he's starting to use She rather then It, to actually referring to her as his duaghter. This is probably the best look we've ever gotten at the kinda person Eggman is beyond evil genius, inside the games.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
It's interesting that though I've never played Breath of the Wild, I am sorta getting an old school Zelda vibe from some of navigation in Frontiers. Being lost and then being surprised when you finally find your way. Though that's also revealing that parts of these islands feel like they're more built for Sonic's friends and then workarounds were made for Sonic.

Also, the more I play the game, the more I hope its sequel has a city.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Beat the fourth island and...

intrigued that they went with linearity, platforming, and backstory instead of any bosses. Trades getting lost for watching yourself fall for a depressingly long time when you miss a jump near the top of a tower. Oh well. Despite the game's melancholy, at least being cured by the power of friendship is still a thing.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I loved the bit at the end of that island
where Robotnik begrudgingly accepts Sonic's help and conscripts him into the Eggman Empire so that Sage can share info with him.

The whole Sage stuff is great. I really like her interactions with everyone and how she allows a more caring side for Botnik. Im in the middle of the 5th island and I really hope she sticks around the franchise like Orbot and Cubot have. Makes me feel if those Omlette fan stuff that popped up after Mania inspired them to go ahead and give Eggy a "daughter".

Top Bottom