Sonic The Hedgehog

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
I actually think that unless a hard swerve is done with the whole plot, I think Maria will exist and still die. Kids dying in a family movie is wholly possible as long as it's done with restraint. Maria makes this easier due to the fact that she has an immune system disease and that's the whole reason she's in the space colony. Setting the scene up as more a shutdown gone wrong as opposed to everyone in the colony getting gunned down. Maria dying also can tie in to Sonic. Being adopted by Tom and Maddie means Jojo is now his cousin. "I've got a cousin, too" is a possible way convincing Shadow to help could go, especially since family has been a theme in these movies.

The thing I think will change is "Space Colony ARK" not being a space colony. ARK could be either an Area 51 desert base or a deep sea base. The latter works particularly well if they're planning to adapt any portions of Adventure 1. Also, there's various things they can do with the visual design of a sterile environment if the base is now underwater. The temple with the Master Emerald was also underwater.

Alternately, they could skip Maria and have Gerald Robotnik see Shadow as a son.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
When the Paramount producers find out what the actual plot of SA2 is I expect a complete swerve.

I have confidence that whatever they come up with is going to be fine, but it's going to be very different.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
The most fascinating thing about it all is that the movies have built up enough goodwill that "drastic changes" is a a curiosity to the end result as opposed to raw fear of it being screwed up. And there's been interesting setup so far. Granted, it might just be that since I've been a GM for RPGs, some things stand out to me but at least the groundwork is being laid.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
It has been officially confirmed that Sonic Origins will be getting a patch soon. Exact details on when it'll drop and what's getting fixed is unknown but at least things are getting fixed.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Wasn't stated unless I missed it. It was announced on the Sonic Official livestream this week.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I appreciate his tone here. He doesn't just blindly mouth off at Penders for every choice he makes, but fairly pins blame when its due.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Better watch this quick before Penders has it taken down...
I doubt it'll get taken down by virtue of there being other vids about Ken Penders on YouTube. Though this particular video does a good job of being comprehensive about the legal cases. There's weird catch-22s here where creators should have more rights but the person who scored a win was Penders of all people. Most of his characters are blatantly derivative and yet Archie didn't even show up for court. To think, if they just showed up to court and hashed things out in the beginning, Ken Penders would be just a distant memory instead of a person (deservedly) more hated in the fandom than Chris Thorndyke and Princess Elise combined. I will say the one bit of humor that can be derived from all of this is that the guy who made Evil Sonic bailed when he was required to add Shadow to the comic.

Replying to the immediately above, saw that vid linked to from the Sonic YouTube page. Yeah, Sonic R's music is really good. Intriguingly, I wasn't as sold on the tracks with lyrics when I first got the game but now "Can You Feel The Sunshine" is one of my favorite Sonic songs.

Last edited:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I followed the trail from that music vid to TJ Davis's youtube page. And By God its just full of more songs that sound just like Sonic R's OST.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Any hardcore Sonic Adventure 1 fans here who knew about the following challenges and/or has actually done them?

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
While I've seen the video before, I didn't know about the Ideya until seeing the video this summer. While I knew about the statue, I never built the full thing.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Sonic Origins has gotten its (first?) patch. Looks like a lot of it was stability fixes.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So now they have to make it be a Christmas movie!

Though, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles sure do look pretty angry about that announcement.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A third live action Sonic movie has been announced and we're looking forward to it with good reason.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I know its release date was just given (scroll up three posts), but wasn't the third movie already announced long before now?

Top Bottom