Sonic The Hedgehog

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Yes, mixed with a little more of this
metal_sonic___sonic_the_movie_alternative_version_by_christian2099_ddyf5pr-pre.png

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Metal Sonic having the classic Sonic uni-eye and someone actually commenting on how weird it looks would have the same energy as Dante with the mop on his head.

I'm down.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And then an end credits scene that teases the third movie suggests that Metal Sonic is both still somehow alive and has evolved beyond Robotnik's original design and programming to become an even greater threat than he, hinting at Metal Sonic becoming the main villain of the third movie that will require Robotnik and Sonic to team up and help each other to defeat him, beginning their status as "frienemies" in these movies.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Having only finally sat down to watch the first one during this holiday break and being shocked how much I enjoyed it, I'm really looking forward to this one.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
You know what's the most insane thing about the first Sonic movie? They actually played the "Beloved cartoon character gets sucked into the REAL WORLD" premise (that people have somehow gotten into their heads is a cliché despite only ever happening in The Smurfs and that Rocky and Bullwinkle movie no one even remembers) 100% straight and managed to pull it off.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
At least with Sonic there was some precedent for it.

Also, as is somehow always the case with Sonic media, Robotnik makes it. He starts out REAL WORLD but gradually goes full cartoon. They cast Jim Carrey, who is apparently a real man, but who has an unparalleled ability to emote like a cartoon character. So Robotnik blurred the lines in a way that makes this whole thing not just one cartoon character getting sucked into the real world. It was actually genius casting.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And we did have a whole cartoon series that did the premise first: Sonic X.

You know what's the most insane thing about the first Sonic movie? They actually played the "Beloved cartoon character gets sucked into the REAL WORLD" premise (that people have somehow gotten into their heads is a cliché despite only ever happening in The Smurfs and that Rocky and Bullwinkle movie no one even remembers) 100% straight and managed to pull it off.
Fat Albert and Enchanted did it too.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I knew there were a few more in the trope. Though does Enchanted count since it really isn't a preexisting cartoon and created for the movie itself.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I knew there were a few more in the trope. Though does Enchanted count since it really isn't a preexisting cartoon and created for the movie itself.
Preexisting or not, it's the one that pretty much made the "animated characters come to the live-action real world" trope popular.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Isekai, it's known as, and goes both ways -- I.e. Captain N getting sucked through his TV to Videoland and Johnny Arcade pulling the Power Team out of his.

Top Bottom