Sonic The Hedgehog

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That... looks.... crazy enough... to just... might... work?

Carrey just needs to be more rotund to make his already very close look be perfect.

Question, though: Is that just a Chaos Emerald, or is it supposed to be the Master Emerald?

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
If they make any distinction at all. I can imagine the movie simplifying it down to just the one Emerald.

I'm still not happy they couldn't use the normal VA cast for Sonic or Knuckles or at least give us someone like Jaleel White for Sonic. Ben Diskin sounds the same in every cartoon he shows up in most of the time. And Idris Elba does have that tough confidence to give Knuckles but can he be less than serious too?

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

so how many animators did they lay off this time?
Is it even the same company animating this one?

If they make any distinction at all. I can imagine the movie simplifying it down to just the one Emerald.

I'm still not happy they couldn't use the normal VA cast for Sonic or Knuckles or at least give us someone like Jaleel White for Sonic. Ben Diskin sounds the same in every cartoon he shows up in most of the time. And Idris Elba does have that tough confidence to give Knuckles but can he be less than serious too?

At least Colleen is back as Tails.

Thefakelink

Citizen
I’m optimistic about this. It looks like they’re embracing more of the game world and characters and not trying to shoehorn Sonic into a buddy comedy.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Man. I just got this mental image of the 3 of them teaming up against a Metal Sonic but visually themed with this smooth, white and mono-eye visual style Movie Robotnik is rocking with his badniks. I hope I'm right.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This looks grest! Carrey is well on the way to evolving into Robot ik. I’m betting he won’t end up rotund yet, but it will happen. Knuckles and sounds good. Tough, serious, but not dumb. So his character seems like a real threat to Sonic. Tails gets his plane, Robotnik invades. Chaos power.

And the orchestral Enerald Hill Zone theme.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Trailer is still dominating YouTube days later. Just like the first movie's relaunch trailer. The hype is real.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
I am amazed that not only did the first movie have the cojones to bait a sequel at the end, it was actually good enough to warrant one. We are living in the crazy alternate universe where it didn't fail, and I'm actually looking forward to more of Carrey's Robotnik. You can tell that he enjoys every second of the role. Also...
Man. I just got this mental image of the 3 of them teaming up against a Metal Sonic but visually themed with this smooth, white and mono-eye visual style Movie Robotnik is rocking with his badniks. I hope I'm right.
...all of my yes.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Man. I just got this mental image of the 3 of them teaming up against a Metal Sonic but visually themed with this smooth, white and mono-eye visual style
Something like...?

d4fvzfu-d11dfeb7-7a57-4f5a-bad1-3aae0f0989b8.png

;)

(Minus the bolts, of course)

Top Bottom