Sonic The Hedgehog

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Another "bad" level I never had a problem with. Maybe I just played the game so many times that I got numb to the hard parts.

Except that dang second Tails/Eggman fight. That laser is just too huge.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That laser is just too huge.
ThatIsWhatSheSaid.GIF

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"I'm Here" is the official opening song for Sonic Frontiers. While a lot of people are praising it, am I the only one who feels underwhelmed by it? It's fine on a technical level but I found it to be the least hype reveal for Frontiers. It's very possible that I'm simply not in the target audience.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I need more context for it, like the opening video or an epic moment that uses it as the backdrop or something.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
So...something I noticed. I'm specifically noting this as interesting as opposed to conspiracy theory. I was looking at the tech textures on the Starfall Islands and thought they looked kinda familiar. Then I realized that it's similar to the walls & floor of Space Station Ark and some of the variations of the SA2 logo.

MkbMl96.png

ekDC9CV.jpg

Not jumping on this since there's obvious differences but also posting it in case it actually is a plot point in Frontiers.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen

Tokyo Game Show trailer. Glimpses of a new island and direct feed footage of the titan previously captured in cell phone footage during Gamescom. And also the new Sonic Team logo animation.

Also, "it's me" in regards to the earlier music discussion but I'll follow that up soon with a longer comment later.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
In playing a few games and listening to music across the years, I discovered or reconfirmed things about my tastes in Sonic music. I'm Here and Vandalize didn't feel like they fit in, especially since people kept saying it gave them nostalgic feelings for the Adventure era. But I realized my tastes are quite 90s (mostly...) and that while the songs don't quite feel like early 2000s Sonic, they do feel like early 2000s rock. It's not for me but I'm happy other fans enjoy it.

But speaking of the positive emotions of others...

So...they made an article (in both English and Japanese) about the new Sonic Team logo animation. On it's face it might not feel like that big a deal but it's part of a collected mounting hype for this game. It feels like Sonic Team is genuinely proud of the end result of this game. All around people's opinion has shifted from the unsurety of that first IGN trailer to proclaiming Sonic Frontiers will make "Frontrillion" dollars. It's quite the turnaround and it's kinda infectious.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Speaking of movies, how's the Sonic 2 movie doing now that it's been out in Japan for about a month?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
You know, I think this the first time I've seen ANYTHING from this comic.

It's...certainly a Ken Penders comic.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I’m actually amazed anything was made after the sloppy crossover that Image/ Sonic crossover was. Unsurprisingly only one issue was made.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm actually amazed Linkara said it was an okay comic with some genuinely neat stuff in it. I was expecting a train wreck of mediocrity.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
What I find interesting is the level of squash & stretch going on. Whether intentional or not, it's a reminder that Sonic is inspired by early cartoon characters.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
There are a few interesting shots being used here. That ending shot where Sonic's reaching for something while falling off a cliff is one.

And so far, I think this is probably all from the first episode. I'm still waiting to see what the "multiverse" looks like in this show.

*SIGH* Zonic the Zone Cop would have been perfect for this kind of a show. Shame he's stuck in the Pen...ders.

Top Bottom