Something weird.

Autobubbs

Citizen
Came on today. Apparently I'd been logged-off at some point. But I noticed that there was a note up stating if you had a a profile older than such-and-such date (in 01 I think) you needed to make a new one. But when I tried it, I logged in just fine.

So, what's the deal with that? Did I just forget something from last year and am about to feel silly about it for asking?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That note's been up for a year now, but don't feel silly for asking. We all miss things! Hopefully it can go away soon.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It applies to any accounts that were prior to the hack/crash. If someone comes back who hasn't been on in a few years it shows them they need to make a new account. If you made your account *after the date*, which you did, then your account is fine.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
apparently, it also happens if your cookies do something... or you delete your cookies... I'm not sure now

It happened to me too and I had a bit of an OMG! moment like "wow that's like a big banner I better get this sorted" only to have some friends who were on staff for a while be like ... "nah man calm down...."

expired cookies that's what it was... yeah that's what she told me. so yeah that's all i came to add.

Top Bottom