Someone help me plan and budget for my eventual trip to TFNation

Onyxstrike

Citizen
So! I've always wanted to attend a Transformers fan convention, and after seeing and hearing second-hand experiences from this year's TFNation I've decided to make it my goal to attend at least one of these in my lifetime. Unfortunately...

I don't know thing one about budgeting for a convention, let alone an international one. All sorts of things to account for like plane tickets, hotel rates, assorted transport rates, etc. And that's not taking in mind the budget I have in mind for the Dealers Room or other places.

Luckily I plan to not go next year, but the year after that in the earliest, 2024. This gives me plenty of time to prepare and consult you guys, who have way more con experience than I do, for advice on budgeting and stuff I should bring before that August arrives.

So far I've planned out that I should at least have a rough guestimate of at least €3000 worth of money saved up, to cover the potential Saturday Plus Early Access, ClubCon, and Sunday ticket prices, an economy round trip flight to Heathrow Airport, and hotel rates for the Hilton for the time I'll be attending, I got some advice elsewhere that I can split a twin room with someone else and pay €45 per person per night so that might be what I'm doing. Transportation fees like train and taxi/Ubers is what I'm unsure of how to factor out, as well as any extra days I'm spending in the hotel after the con waiting for my flight to arrive if I go for a cheaper option.

Any other extra tips and advice are well appreciated too! Thanks!

Top Bottom