Show me your Retro gaming collections!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I did a little work on my Retro shelf last night. I went through and organized my SNES collection. Now, I haven't really been working on rebuilding that one as much, so it isn't as massive as my NES collection. I still need to get some of y SNES stuff out of storage, as I have my original SNES box (smashed up a bit with no inserts) and a complete in box Starfox. Also, I need a way to properly display all these loose carts. Any recommendations?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Here is how it looks right now.

Snes1.jpg
Snes2.jpg
SNES3.jpg
SNES4.jpg
SNES5.jpg

SNES Games:

Lord of the RIngs part 1
Klaboey
Super Rtype
Tiny Toons Buster busts loose
Killer Instinct
Spiderman Venom Maximum Carnage
X-men Mutant Academy
Populous

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Star Fox
Super Gameboy

Super Mario Allstars
Mario Paint
Dragon's Lair
Mario Paint
Mario's early years fun with letters
Mario's Time machine
Arcana

Total SNES Games: 18

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There are still quite a few SNES games that I am looking for. Games that somehow disappeared over the years. Shadow Run, Zelda:LttP, Donkey Kong Country 1, as well as a few that I never got like Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Super Mario World 1 and 2, Castlevania 4, and TMNT Turtles in Time.

wentwood

Citizen
I pick up next chapter games in the main line of a series.

Filled in

Mega Man 1 - 8 (Original run)
Mega Man X - X8
TMNT I - X

I have most mainline games on blue flash drives for PS 1. For disk that's where I buy next chapter games.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
@The Predaking
I never really display my old games. For the pictures, I just dragged them all out and put them on my bed for an iPhone picture. Otherwise they're either all in a drawer or on a shelf in my entertainment center close to the console they belong to.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
@The Predaking
I never really display my old games. For the pictures, I just dragged them all out and put them on my bed for an iPhone picture. Otherwise they're either all in a drawer or on a shelf in my entertainment center close to the console they belong to.
I hear you on that. I have my Ps2, Xbox, Gamecube, 360, PS3, Wii/WiiU, PS4, Xbox One games in a neat but cheap glass cabinet that I got from Lowes 20 years ago. How that shelf survived so many moves, I don't know. Yet it holds a lot of my console games. I have a bunch of my older games stored in the office closet in boxes, but this shelf has got quite junky and I want to fill it with nicely displayed games so it doesn't get junked up again. Plus I really want to see my games when I go in there.

I did find these on Etsy:

Although, any riser will work so I might see what I can find locally.

Caldwin

Citizen
Those look pretty nice. Personally I just don't feel comfortable unless my games are in cases or baggies or something to protect them from dust and stuff.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I will get some cases and sleeves for them, but several of them will take a while to find replacement boxes for.

I couldn't find boxes for these in my usual place:

Lord of the RIngs part 1
Klaboey
Populous
Mario's early years fun with letters
Mario's Time machine
Arcana

I will check elsewhere tonight.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My genesis collection. It way overfills the shelf. There is my original model 1 that I got for my 13th or 14th birthday. I wanted it over the snes to play Shanghai as I had got addicted to the Mac version at school. It came with Sonic 1 and 2, and two weeks later I used my birthday money to buy X-men! There is a model 2 with a 32X on it that I picked up at a flea market twenty years ago for $20. My only 32x game is Doom. I have a smattering of loose games and a bunch of them in cases. No idea on how to display all of them right now.

Attachments

• E8D01F73-9950-4DA8-B42A-F2D1C968008B.jpeg
    E8D01F73-9950-4DA8-B42A-F2D1C968008B.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 71

Caldwin

Citizen
You know what's funny? When I first saw the SNES games alongside the Sega games, my gut reaction was to make a post all caps and bold letters decrying "blasphemy." But...well...

EC9327FD-CDCD-4F39-A5AD-ACB23AE2ED15.jpeg

43EDB240-97C2-4FB6-9D0C-8F9800A6B6C5.jpeg

E112EBDB-926B-4371-AE11-A362DD9F8F7E.jpeg

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I am at an impasse on what to put on the next shelf.

I can do either Playstation 1 or Gameboy/Gameboy Advance shelf. What do you folks think?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Also, this weekend I went down to my in-laws and we all put together a chicken coup. What does that have to do with retro gaming? Inside the shipping box was a lot of styrofoam. It was just the right thickness that I took it home and cut up to put in the bottom of some of my NES boxes. Now the games fit a lot better!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Also, I picked up a copy of Wrestlemania for the NES for $6 this weekend from my local retro store.

Sadly, most of the stuff in there is just picked-over titles, and they don't get much retro stuff in these days.

Caldwin

Citizen
It seems like PlayStation games would display better, but I've always been a Nintendo fanboy at heart.

I would say go with your Final Fantasy games unless you have any Zelda games. Zelda trumps all.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No update yet on the Retro shelf, but I did find two new games at lunch today!

Megaman 2
Monster party

Monster party wasn't on my to get list, but I have seen a lot of footage for it lately, and some good reviews, so I picked them both up for $50 total, which is about the going ebay rate, but these two games are mint condition. They had super C there too, but its not the Contra game that I am looking for.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Here is my lunchtime haul! I am so amped to have Megaman 2 back in my collection! Growing up we had 1-4 on the NES and I was only able to hold on to the fourth one for all these years. Now I need to track down some boxes and manuals for them!

Attachments

• Haul1.jpg
    Haul1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 61

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My List of NES Games that I am looking for grows shorter!
Metroid
Contra
Battletoads
Megaman 1
Megaman 3
Castlevainia 1
Castlevainia 3
TMNT 3
Bionic Commando
Super C

Top Bottom