She-Hulk Disney+ Series

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I really do wonder at the reactions of everyone at the end. You just saw a woman's privacy violated in the worst way. Are you all a little angry on her behalf? No one thinking she's entirely justified?

Echowarrior

Citizen
I'm angry on Jen's behalf. I'm thinking that she's entirely justified. Unfortunately, the system is against her in this regard, even if public opinion might be in her favor.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't think it was just a matter of "she was a slut" - if I saw that someone planted a video feed in my bedroom and recorded what I was doing I'd feel violated and pissed too, no matter what I was doing.
Oh, absolutely. That layer is in there too, and that's sufficiently enraging for sure. Just pointing out another layer pointed to by the actual line of dialogue; this bit was clearly meant to be the peak of it as it follows a string of dating app matches, pictures of Captain America's ass, and so on and ends up being the last straw.

Dvandom

Citizen
Any anger they have felt on her behalf was overwhelmed by fear felt on their own behalf. Behalves? Whatever. Once the immediate crisis cools down, a lot of them are gonna be ready to tear Intelligencia a new one.

---Dave

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Finally saw the EP. Holy cow, I luv it! Go Murdock! Hahaha!!! Huh, did that ever happen in the comic? I didn't read the Byrne Sensational series but Jennifer did sleep with several heroes in the Slott run.

I'm rather sad that Leapfrog was a bad guy. I read of the Fabulous Frogman in an issue of Spectacular Spider-Man so, yeah, Leapfrog the dad was the villain reformed but his son was a hero (and Slott put him in the Initiative). I forget the real names but if this son is calling himself Leapfrog, then he's not Frogman. Oh well. Maybe his younger brother or a relation will be the hero.

On the awards, were the other named lawyers on stage comic related ladies?

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Eh. eh. Jen being angry is justified but I can also see people being entirely justified in being scared when they see a hulk get enraged, snarling, in front of them and default to smashing shit with a punch so hard it rocked the building. The world has seen what can happen when a hulk loses their temper, looot of collateral damage and death. She clearly lost control for a bit, even in the end when she was surrendering she was grunting instead of saying anything.

Also Jen only has 8k in savings? Dang Jen thought you were getting paid now.

Interesting note Todd was there towards the front row. If he was part of this and expecting a freak out thats a really strange place to sit.

Dvandom

Citizen
I suspect Jen's expenses have gotten higher too, impressive that she actually has $8K in savings. Hulk-sized clothing ain't cheap.

---Dave

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
Awesome episode. The chemistry between Tatiana and Charley was great to see, they need to team them up more often. Jen's reaction at the end was absolutely justified and so was the reaction of the crowd. My only complaint is that there wasn't one more set of double D.....

On Daredevil's chest...

Sorry couldn't resist 😜

Shadewing

Citizen
Okay, if nothing else the finale's opening gets mad props from me.

...And the extreme 4th wall break looses me... It makes most the season feel completely pointless. Like I get the complaints, and agree there could have been something better; but just 4th walling breaking and just resolving everything... is honestly even worse. But I do like that Emil wasn't a bad guy, nor secretly part of Intelligencia.

Thefakelink

Citizen
Saw the finale.
there is no fourth wall anymore. I feel like the thinking was “screw it. It’s the finale. Go for broke.”

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
LOVED the finale.

The twist was a BIG one, but all I could think the entire time was "This is EXACTLY what the She-Hulk comic would do. It is the absolute PERFECT end to this story in the Byrne She-Hulk book or even the Slott run.

I mean if you've read the She-Hulk Comics this is easily the most She-Hulk comic this show was the whole season.

No notes.

-ZacWilliam,
Skaar! I expected maybe Caiera the Oldstrong but Skaar makes sense and damn I want some of that story somewhere now, please?

Shadewing

Citizen
LOVED the finale.

The twist was a BIG one, but all I could think the entire time was "This is EXACTLY what the She-Hulk comic would do. It is the absolute PERFECT end to this story in the Byrne She-Hulk book or even the Slott run.

I mean if you've read the She-Hulk Comics this is easily the most She-Hulk comic this show was the whole season.

No notes.

-ZacWilliam,
Skaar! I expected maybe Caiera the Oldstrong but Skaar makes sense and damn I want some of that story somewhere now, please?

What works for one medium doesn't always work for another, and for me this just killed my interest and investment in the finale.

Shadewing

Citizen
Exactly why I feel it doesn't work:

First of all, this isn't like the comics where she'd just rip up a comic page and throws it away, this is her getting up set and demanding to see the manager Show's producer and bitching at him till she gets what she wants.

Second of all; Let's address her points shall we:

"Todd shouldn't get Hulk powers, The powers aren't the enemy, he is." - Agreed, but also completely kills the 'Hulk Blood' plot line, that even if we remove the stupid element, could have been used for something else. Change Completely kills a plot point, and makes most the season seem totally pointless.

"Hulk coming from nowhere to save me." - Agreed, She-Hulk shouldn't need her cousin to save her. But a whole "He's reformed and not our enemy" thing, might have been good. Otherwise, I'm fine for the 'real' reveal of him showing up at the end. Change works.

"This has nothing do with my storyline of accepting my powers." - And this 4th wall BS does? At least with the Intellgencia plot forcing her to be 'Just Jen' would actually lead to that; since she admits that it feels wrong, even if its technically what she wanted. I agree with the idea that things were getting overcrowded for no reason (Titiana just showing up for example) But the whole 'Intellegencia throws celebratory party, Emil is hired as a speaker but doesn't know who they are, Jen confronting them after wanting to talk to Emil' that much of the plot WORKS. Just erasing the shit that didn't work, and restarting from the moment she walks in on the party? That would have worked imo. You could have STILL had the 'Emil admits he's done wrong' bit without the 'just suddenly does it, for no IC reason because Karen didn't like it otherwise' But because of this overly elaborate 4th wall break, we completely skip ANY kind of climax to Jen's story of accepting who she is. To just her being fine, and her life working out perfectly with gratuitous DareDevil Cameo because Jen's still horny.

Not to mention the bitching about non-Shulkie stuff, just to wink and nod to fans doing the same.

I'm not someone that's disliked this show. I've been happy with all the rest of the season, but this finale kills my interest in wanting to see more of MCU She-Hulk.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Eh. Agree to disagree. Being comedic fun and breaking things in an meta way is what She-hulk is about. All the stuff they dumped and skipped is what other superheroes are about. It's not what She-Hulks deal is and the twist recognized that. /

ZacWilliam, I'm very much up for a Season 2 and I hope we get one, sooner rather than later.

Shadhausen

Citizen
I really gotta agree with Shadewing here. While the whole 4th wall obliteration is a very She-Hulk thing to do, it feels like they skipped all the vital parts of any resolution.

Shadewing

Citizen
Then write your ******* series to be that from the beginning, and not rug pull any form of actual climax that your were falsely building up to. That is terrible writing. And no the occasional 'talk to the camera' bit is not enough to make the viewer think 'She-Hulks smashes the 4th wall' is actual solution to the plot, when it doesn't even do that.

Top Bottom