She-Hulk Disney+ Series

Shadewing

Citizen
Wow, She-Hulk continuing to bring in characters I never would have expected to see in MCU. This was like the Z-listers' time to shine.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I think you meant delicious. Especially if it's a Wendy's Frosty.:love:
NooooOOOoooo!!! Kidding, hehe

Not that I've seen him in comics a lot but the Porcupine suit looks great. Looks exactly like the comics, from the panels I've seen.

Blonsky's place looks amazing. Hope the group is sponsored and don't have to pay a ton for their therapy.

Dvandom

Citizen
I'm pretty sure his seven lady friends fund the place. (Interesting that none of them showed up, though.)

Note, I'm pretty sure that was not Dan Slott himself driving the Slott's Towing truck.

---Dave

Shadewing

Citizen
It wasn't, he made a twitter post about how his MCU counterpart seems to be taller and has more hair.

Dvandom

Citizen
I thought so...I only follow him on facebook, but it's hard to tell height from a seated position and they could've put him in a wig. :)

---Dave

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I actually thought this was not only the worst episode of She Hulk but the worst episode of any show I've watched. The whole thing read like a high school girl's diary that got found in a dumpster and someone had the bright idea to make a nonsense script about it.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Show is staying strong. Funny and enjoyable. Great to see the 4th tier Marvel guys.

-ZacWilliam, I love that they went with the goofiest Porcupine costume.

Last edited:

MrBlud

Citizen
I already miss this version of Daredevil.

I feel like it’s definitely not the one we’re getting in his show.

Shadewing

Citizen
Okay, easily the best episode of the season; this is what I've wanted to see since the first season of Daredevil.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Definitely a good episode, and I can't wait for next week's finale. Werewolf By Night will just have to tide me over...

Anyway, poor Jen. She didn't deserve that. I hope these sexist cowards get what's coming to them.

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, Jen's rage at the end is 100% justified.

That's the one part of the episode I don't like, they try to play it up as her going into a Hulk blind rage or something; But just smashing a TV/wall of TVs is tame and still completely understandable and doesn't feel like an 'oh shit everyone run scared' And the guy she chases down, is wearing a damn ski mask, not just some random guy at the event. The whole time she still feels completely in control of her rage. It doesn't feel like Damage Control needs to get involved; but they gotta set the stakes for the finale somehow.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
LOVED the episode. Simply effortless chemistry between Matt and Jen here, excellent banter, and they both got to really shine. Some whinging from the "but muh grimdark Daredevil grr Marvel comedy" crowd but that's just more to tune out. Give me more of this.

Yeah, Jen's rage at the end is 100% justified.

That's the one part of the episode I don't like, they try to play it up as her going into a Hulk blind rage or something; But just smashing a TV/wall of TVs is tame and still completely understandable and doesn't feel like an 'oh shit everyone run scared' And the guy she chases down, is wearing a damn ski mask, not just some random guy at the event. The whole time she still feels completely in control of her rage. It doesn't feel like Damage Control needs to get involved; but they gotta set the stakes for the finale somehow.
I guess the panicked running makes sense either way because I doubt people are going to wait around to find out the degree of rage at play.
And I assume that Damage Control was already around as an added layer of event security or something.

This moment was particularly striking since I noticed that
the apparent last straw was "oh, and she's a slut", showing her having sex with Josh. Aside from the obviously egregious invasion of privacy, it's that whole thing of only needing to use a woman's sexuality against her to invalidate all the work she's done. "Yeah she's a lawyer and this and that BUT SHE *****, YO, HOW DARE SHE", and it often works. Nothing to say about their work, etc, and why go to the effort of digging up actual dirt when you can just flex these dumbass gender norms and get the same result.

The Philippines' previous administration had this as one of the first things on their to-do list: to silence an incumbent female senator who was a vocal critic of that administration, they spun this whole tale of how she had a sex tape with some dude. Same administration run by a creature who made casual rape jokes on a weekly basis.

Dvandom

Citizen
The rapid response at the end suggests that it was part of the setup (either knowingly or as patsies), and even if Jen had kept her cool they'd have moved in on some pretext.

---Dave

Echowarrior

Citizen
Damage Control being used as a patsy doesn't surprise me. Given how trigger-happy they've been in the past, it wouldn't shock me if they were being manipulated.

MrBlud

Citizen
Yeah, I just assumed they were told there was a Hulk attack slightly before the video because they figured it would push Jen into having one.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't think it was just a matter of "she was a slut" - if I saw that someone planted a video feed in my bedroom and recorded what I was doing I'd feel violated and pissed too, no matter what I was doing.

Top Bottom