She-Hulk Disney+ Series

Echowarrior

Citizen
I feel bad for Jen, I really do.

Seriously, if I was that guy, I'd have stuck around. The relationship might not have worked out, but it wouldn't be because of interest in one identity over the other.

And onto other topics, could what Titania's doing actually work in real life? I mean, beyond being a pain in the hindquarters that Jen doesn't need? Also, why do I get the feeling that we won't be seeing Daredevil until the end of the show?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Strangely (pun intended), I could totally watch more of Maddisyn and Wong hanging out.
Yeah! She and Wongers were fun, at Winger's expense, haha

Donny Blaze is a hoot. Can easily turn evil if the show was grim. Good that it's not.

Would that we got a reason on why the guy did that. For closure. But I dunno much on dating protocols.

Dake

Citizen
Enjoying the show for the most part so far, but I do wish it was a little longer.
It's like they slightly over-corrected on the tendency for Marvel+ shows to drag a little bit.

Also - I laughed out loud at her phone background. It's America's Ass!

Dvandom

Citizen
Long term, Titania's legal gambit would likely fail, because Jen's boss has the money and relevant-experience lawyers on staff to smack down whoever Titania hired. But I suspect that this is just a ploy to get a rematch on terms Titania thinks will favor her (or at least make her look better during the fight). You know, "Beat me and this goes away," sort of thing.

---Dave

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
New trailer has been posted, featuring Hawaiian vacation Abomination and a good bit with Daredevil, including his recolored suit.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FdQblg-kQU

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw ep5. Still fun, hehe. Pug is cool aka not cool in my book again so everything is a-ok, hehe

Is the designer a comic reference?

The way this new Titania is, her boyfriend better be named Self Absorbed Man instead of Absorbing Man, haha. If he shows up (who was that guy at the end? Cuz the other other guy got some She-Hulk DNA already. Sorta, somehow, maybe?)

Dvandom

Citizen
Absorbing Man was in Agents of SHIELD, but they seem to have a pick-and-choose attitude towards non-D+ TV canon. So even if we get Absorbing Man as Titania's beau, it might be the same actor/character somehow, it might be totally different.

Boo to no mid-credits scene, although we still did technically get in-credits story content via the topical courtroom sketches that follow up on the episode's events.

---Dave

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
?!?! There was an Absorbing Man in Agents of Shield and a Crusher Creel in Daredevil?!? Holy cow!

This ep's final shot was probably an awesome enough mid credits scene already, hehe. And Pug and the assistant already did a very dorky yet cool dance in the show, hehe.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This has been such a breath of fresh air, although I wish the eps were a bit longer.

Seeing some complaints about the slow plot development and how episodic it is, and I just shake my head at how people are conditioned to expect big plot arcs while forgetting all the complaints they had about the impact of those on pacing and character development in each episode. Loki, Hawkeye, Falcon/WS... meanwhile, I'm out here wanting season after season of this show, which gives us a ton of worldbuilding and charming interactions with each reasonably self-contained episode.

I want an Avongers Hulk plushie.

Dvandom

Citizen
It doesn't have a "we made a movie but cut it up into pieces" type of arc, but it's STRONGLY interconnected. This week's resolution depending utterly on a previous episode's events being a case in point.

---Dave

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yup, there are threads that run through all the episodes with mounting development. It's not negative continuity per se, but it's also not hamstrung by those plot threads -- they're there but they're not the focus. Thus we get to have a roughly case-of-the-week format feel while still having that overarching plot (and not being held hostage by it). It's a more full realization of what I was hoping Ms. Marvel would be, and each episode is so fun it really feels too short.

I could take several seasons of Tatiana in the lead (her chemistry with Mark is really great, and she makes her character instantly easy to support) and characters like Nikki and Pug and the occasional Wongers. And as the Slott run proved, there's a good bit of longevity in the "case of the week playing with a superhero trope/element" format.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Well I'm going to be shocked if Titania and Jen don't end up in court again. She sucker punched her but there were no witnesses while an entire party saw her launch Titania across the room. Granted it seems like Jen has bigger problems ATM.

Also certainly a 'modern' take on Intelligencia. Seems like its still run by the same people but with a front as a Parlor like forum.

Echowarrior

Citizen
At this rate, Titania's definitely going to be back in some capacity.

As for the Intelligencia, I have mixed feelings about this portrayal.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
It's very, very creepy to have an online, public ish group dedicated to murder. Socio political relevancy thing?

I'm super disappointed to see Mr Immortal portrayed that way. Granted it was interesting (hahahaha!) but his advanced age makes him less likely to have the other Great Lakes Avengers around. Maybe?

I wanna see Flatman! A smart Flatman! Not the retcon that he failed college or whatever, fashion or otherwise. And Big Bertha would definitely make a great supporting cast member for She-Hulk.

I never read about Intelligencia tho but that's... Leader? And A.I.M.?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the new ep. Ooooooo, rather liked it.

Kinda disappointed not to see a slew of ladies but whatever. Great interpretation of one. Not so for another.

Oh, fries and milkshake is soooo wrong!

Top Bottom