Shattered Glass Thread

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
I'm not very familiar with either toy, but I'm assuming it's the tapedeck version of the mold since none of the covers depict any spaceship kibble.
Though I guess that could just be the artistic license.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Soundwave in the cover art is clearly the Netflix verison, Laserbeak, is the Siege verison, Ravage, I'm not sure which verison, of course, this is just the art for the comic, what the actual mold Hasbro uses is another matter, as from what I understand, the Netflix Soundwave is licensed to Walmart in the US, while the UK it was Symths toys having the Netflix line and the Legacy Speed planet line, so if the license agreement has expired, then Hasbro is free to use that verison, unless the agreement has been renewed or something!

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Just got "ready earlier than expected" emails from Hasbro Pulse for Blaster and Ultra Magnus.

...Now that I think about it, have we seen any SG Character that isn't just their normal character's mold recolored?
I'm pretty sure they're all the same base mold, although Megatron, Starscream, and Slicer have new accessories, Blurr and Magnus have new heads, and Goldbug is a unique combination of parts. And of course Flamewar's normal counterpart doesn't actually have a Legacy toy, unless she's SG Arcee Who Has A Different Name I Guess.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Magnificus.png

Here's a tidied up image of the new Magnificus figure, with comparisons to the previous two releases of this character.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Too bad they never did one for the Titans Return mold
would have been a super easy way to work in Ga'mede

(though it probably would have ended up as yet another Legends release for me to yearn after)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Too bad they never did one for the Titans Return mold
would have been a super easy way to work in Ga'mede

(though it probably would have ended up as yet another Legends release for me to yearn after)
You're preaching to the quoir.

Last edited:

LiamA

Citizen
The first issue of 'Shattered Glass II' has come out. The switching of Ultra Magnus' faces reminds me a bit of Orion from 'The New Gods' The face he presents to people is really a disguise for his actual face.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I got SG Blaster in today, from Hasbro Pulse UK and he comes with issue 2 of the comic, I not read the comic yet, I'm waiting for Magnus to arrive, he will have issue 1 of the series!

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Issue #1 was ... okay. Same creative team as the first series, so if you read that, you know what you're getting here. I liked the focus on Magnus, but he felt a bit all over the place personality-wise, going from seemingly naive lawyer to intimidating thug to simpering underling, then back. Maybe I was just hoping too much for him to be a Saul Goodman type. The wiki notes that Lore said they were going for a Fight Club-esque split personality situation, so maybe that's why Magnus seems to shift personalities so easily.

I continue to feel like the flashbacks aren't differentiated enough, yes, there's the curved vs hard corners to the panels (and you can figure out some stuff from context) but figuring this out often requires stopping and analyzing, taking away from the flow of the story. Even just some "then" and "now" captions would go a long way, I think.

Is this the first we've seen SG Springer and Impactor? Can't place their color schemes, though they seem appropriate for late-G1 Decepticons. Impactor is sort of Sixshot-y (with no white), or maybe Roadblock's vehicle shell?

LiamA

Citizen
Something I would like to see is to take the Shattered Glass character color schemes and use them to make new characters in the regular Transformers world.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Something I would like to see is to take the Shattered Glass character color schemes and use them to make new characters in the regular Transformers world.
You mean, like Delta Magnus and several other characters? Often, SG characters were repurposed from original characters or toy designs from other TF "universes". These were mainly obscure repaints of Bayverse, Armada, G1, Energon and Cybertron figures.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
To those of you who actually have Leader Class Shattered Glass Magnus, the instructions mention you being able to simply pop off one head and replace it with the other. Has anyone actually attempted this? I feel like at least for the Delta Magnus head, the connection port is WAAAY too tight to be able to accommodate that ball joint without either breaking or warping something on the DM head without just unscrewing the damn thing and just putting it on that way. I even feel nervous as it is just popping off the SG head (all the transclearant plastic on on both heads worries me), even though there has been no damage to it whatsoever so far in the two times I've done it.

Anyway, if there's been anyone brave enough to attempt this, let me know if there was any damage to the figure.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
To those of you who actually have Leader Class Shattered Glass Magnus, the instructions mention you being able to simply pop off one head and replace it with the other. Has anyone actually attempted this? I feel like at least for the Delta Magnus head, the connection port is WAAAY too tight to be able to accommodate that ball joint without either breaking or warping something on the DM head without just unscrewing the damn thing and just putting it on that way. I even feel nervous as it is just popping off the SG head (all the transclearant plastic on on both heads worries me), even though there has been no damage to it whatsoever so far in the two times I've done it.

Anyway, if there's been anyone brave enough to attempt this, let me know if there was any damage to the figure.

There are several YouTube reviews, showing this is perfectly fine to do.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I did mine that way. I don't have any deep attachments to Shattered Glass, but I've been wanting a Powered Convoy for a while, so I swapped them about 10 seconds after getting him out of the box.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I done it a couple of times, thou honestly, I do kind of fear that it will break the ball joint from the neck, thou I am planning to get another copy of this figure to have one be SG Magnus and the other Dai Stack, I also plan to get upgrade kits to boot his height, I'm just not a fan of his current height, with the armour on, he looks kind of, squished, thou I think the reason for that, is the Butt plate!

Top Bottom