Serious theological question for mature Christians

Galvatron77

All Hail Galvatron!!!
Citizen
Hi

Sorry if I jump in the middle of your great argument. My country is mostly Catholic. There is been a change in our views, mostly due to the actual Pope open mind. I think we all are sinners, every single one. To me is more important who you are than your sexuallity. I am hetero, but I do have les, bi, gay friends and are excellent and normal persons. I will never undestand discrimination (for sex, race or whatever). And I agree in that God doesn't want us to hate anybody.

Nevermore

Citizen
How did this get around to politics and what a person thinks about Trump? Personally, I've said nothing but hate sin, love the sinner. I haven't cast stones at anyone for anything. Do you now want me to throw stones at Ttump? Shall I bring in political figures from the other side and start throwing stones at them as well? Is that where you want this discussion to go? If so, leave me out of it and consider me duly reminded of why I don't set foot into P&R.
This isn't about you. This is about Sunstorm, who proudly proclaimed to be a Trump supporter in another thread, and then came here to play the old Gay Shame Game because the Bible.

As far as I can tell, you did neither, so don't feel like you're being asked to put on a shoe that doesn't fit.

That's not my job...but the answer is Jesus. He is the Great Reconciler.

Well, if that's the case, then it's not your job to shame LGBTQ+ people with sanctimonious sermons either. Leave that to your invisible buddy as well.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
This isn't about you. This is about Sunstorm, who proudly proclaimed to be a Trump supporter in another thread, and then came here to play the old Gay Shame Game because the Bible.
I posted a message that was placed in my heart. Nothing more, and never once mentioned any type of orientation. My political views are irrelevant in this thread. If you feel some sort of shame, you have brought it here yourself.
Well, if that's the case, then it's not your job to shame LGBTQ+ people with sanctimonious sermons either. Leave that to your invisible buddy as well.
Fair enough. I've made my point. But I'll ask you to honestly ask yourself who the accuser has been in this thread. And I forgive you for it. There's nothing you can do to me to make me hate you.
Ironically, this very thread fulfills prophecy, we can not run or hide from it.
Matt.10
19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
I really couldn't have asked for a better example of the persecution/martyr complex that compels this kind of evangelical behavior.

The idea that the people pushing back on you are actually a sign of the good you are doing is exactly tenet that the right wing pundits are exploiting to persecute their targets. 'They, out there, are the bad guys and they're anger and hatred means you are a righteous warrior, enduring pain and suffering for the greater good and will be rewarded in the thereafter!'

Poppycock, obviously, but effective when used on people who otherwise lack a sense of personal conviction and identity. It's easy to hide behind that kind of rhetoric, because it's a naturally self-fulfilling proficiency. They spread hate because they imagine themselves outcasts and by doing so, they make themselves outcast and thereby play right into the hands of right wing pundits who fill their minds with confirmation of their anxieties.

Honestly, rather than arguing about it, I think this is a golden opportunity to discuss and dissect this exact behavior which both threatens people all across the country and paints a giant black eye on Christianity as a whole.

Edit: Not with Sunstorm, obviously. There's no reasoning with a nutter. But the impotent ranting does give us an opportunity to see and examine it first hand from both believer and non-believer perspectives.

Last edited:

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I have read the Bible twice, and I can see that the Bible, and God by extension, is very anti Homosexuality. The issue I am running against, is why would I want to spend eternity with a being that hates my son? I am not trying to be a troll, it is a legitimate question that I am struggling with.
I'm sorry I'm so late to this topic. I struggled with this exact thing when I gave my life to Christ. Earnest and honest prayer and meditation lead me, time and again, back to Acts 11. Specifically verse 9.

That was, at least for my own spiritual wellbeing, that.

Top Bottom