SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Scheduled to stream on Disney+ some time in early 2023

Marvel Cinematic Universe general thread here:

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Cool premise.
I hope it comes together better than Falcon and the Winter Soldier. They tried to make that one feel like Winter Soldier, but it felt more like a stage play part of the time.

wentwood

Citizen
I have Disney + active. So with the Marvel movies on DVD and watching Marvel TV shows on Disney + I'll be seeing this once I finish the other series. Once I fill in X Men I'll go from there and watch newer movies on Disney +. (Post Black Widow)

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw it.

It's spy stuff. I would probably love it better if it was as creepy as a part in the ending. But I might be surprised.

Even with the international location shooting (?), I don't think they'll have the budget for Super Super Skrulls in action. Uh, unless that was shown in the trailer?

G'iah is... Gaea? Gaia? So named after the Earth?

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
It was alright. I usually don't watch shows like this when they first come out, I typically get too busy and then have to play catch up. So I'm really not used to seeing an ending scene like that and having to wait a week to find out what happens next!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So, uh...
Was Cobie Smulders wanting to leave the MCU or something?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the second ep.

Darn those Skrulls, messing with people's faces. I was looking at Brogan and thinking, is that Tahmoh Penikett? He used to be everywhere. Or is that Enver Gjokaj? He appears in MCU sometimes. Even that other guy Pagon made me think he was Kirk Acevedo.

Anyhow, I'm sure the final scene is suppose to make us go Gaaaaasp but I think they could have made it more obvious.

Anyway, I guess that's the reason why we won't see other MCU heroes. Rhodes is it.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Episode 3 is up and I can already kinda hear the pitch meeting for this series. Feels like a whole lot of "why did they do that?" "Because!"

So Gravic basically sacrifices a handful of his people to find out the identity of a single spy that... really hasn't been much more than an annoyance so far so much as he knows. Like it would have been pretty easy to lock her up if he was suspecious or kill her in an 'accident' but instead he ends up revealing a dude he has in the british navy that can just call in missle strikes for him whenever. Also that dude on the sub and anyone he came into the base with is instantly made. Mind you if hes able to risk and lose them so easily then hes really got no reason to be careful when dealing with Gaia, not like he even tried to interrogate her to find out what she leaked. Because right at that moment all he knows is she gave up a safehouse and took his missile bait. he doesn't know she warned anyone about the super skrull shit. He doesn't know if she told anybody where they were located before she ran.

The whole thing felt kinda just like a waste of time considering the conclusion to it was him just shooting her mid sentence and leaving her body 30 feet from the bases gate. It also felt super weird that she was running because she knew she would be discovered because of this but she didn't give Talos the name of the plant they were using as a base.

I dunno. We are at the midpoint of this spy thriller and so far it doesn't feel like we are dealing with very smart people on either side of this. Just two sides trying to bludgeon their way through things. A lot of people have theorized that "oh nick is just pretending to be rusty and weak" but like.. if that is the case they better show it next episode because its looking a lot like maybe he just was never the hot shit people thought he was.

MrBlud

Citizen
Yeah, this Nick Fury is very underwhelming. I guess all the wet work the original did with his Howling Commandos in WWII made him since this desk jockey essentially got his cred from his secret Skrull spys and then got depressed/scared after the Blip and ran away to space then he comes back and…he’s nothing without Talos

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the third ep. I'm fuzzy on the dad. Why would he give up his hostage when he shouldn't care about his son anyway? Could have let that kid die. Maybe? Kid was human, right?

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Someone had a hypothesis. That maybe having all the originals memories made him feel some of the emotions that the original man had. So because the real father cared so much for his son the skull one did too. Then again that seems like it would have created a ton of liabilities and problems in the past. Given how often stuff seems to happen just because in this show so far It could just be another one of those moments.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
oh lord. I know the ending to todays episode was supposed to be dramatic but I just gotta laugh at all the NPC energy and "So the plot can happen" that was going on. Way to have what was a pretty good ep go downwards in quality in the last 6 or so minutes.

MrBlud

Citizen
Nick Fury is an asshole and Talos 100% deserved better BUT ALSO G’iah is absolutely right that Talos is naive to a delusional degree. Fury told him the same thing. Humans can’t even manage to get along with other humans. You think they’re going to share a planet with superpowered alien shapeshifters? **** outta here.

I’m still not quite sure that Talos wife and G’iah’s Mom is dead-dead. That’s a pretty big deal to happen off-screen. Although we have a couple episodes left and they could do a flashback. Maybe she’s the English spy and left Talos because he’s…delusionally naive but wasn’t onboard with full Human Genocide either.

Top Bottom