Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies: An RPG thread

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Both in person and play by post have their advantages. Personally, I vastly prefer in person play but I've experienced less of it.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Personally, I look at it as different balances on BSing around/hanging out vs focusing on story.

In-person games are usually BSing >>>> story
Live remote games seem to keep them fairly even, though I only have like a sample size of 1 personally. I would imagine voice-based games lean a bit more towards the BSing around, and text-only games lean a bit more towards story, given you can type up fabulous descriptions of what you're doing much easier and in less time.
PbP games are story >>> BSing, given the time differences and advantages of being able to indulge in proper purple prose, though it's not totally absent given OOC threads.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
I'd say it depends on the group. Some people are really focused on the story and get a lot done. It also feels different if you're the GM. Especially with the oddities of time. "More time" is a massive double edged sword.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My Shadowrun group always began the session with BSing in an attempt to get it out of our system. Sometimes this lasted an hour. The attempt did not succeed. It always took multiple sessions to get anything done because of all our nonsense. But once we finally reached an objective we tended to plow through it pretty well, unless the dice had funnier ideas.

Top Bottom