Rewriting Transformers Energon

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I haven't watched any of these series since they first aired. Are they available for free viewing anywhere? Hell, I might even be willing to pay a small price to watch them all.

Firestar2022

Citizen
Here are my cast of characters for my rewrite of Transformers Energon:
Autobots:
Team Optimus Prime
• Optimus Prime
• Hot Shot
• Ironhide
• Jetfire
• Inferno
• Gold Bug
• Kickback
• Downshift
• Cliffjumper
• Firestar
• Moonracer
Team Rodimus Prime
• Rodimus Prime
• Prowl
• Landmine
• Bulkhead
• Ultra Magnus
• Grimlock
• Swoop
• Wing Saber
• Omega Supreme
• Chromia
• Superion Maximus
• Elita One
Autobot Omnicons:
• Skyblast
• Strong Arm
• Signal Flare
• Arcce
Decepticons:
Team Galvatron:
Galvatron (Upgraded Megatron)
• Skywrap (Upgraded Starscream)
• Slugslinger
• SnowCat (Upgraded unnamed Decepticon)
• Long Haul (Upgraded unnamed Decepticon)
• Mirage (Upgraded unnamed Decepticon)
• Shockblast
• Sixshot
• Bruticus Maximus
• Devastator Maximus
Team Deathsaurus:
• Deathsaurus
• Overlord
• Nightbird
• Leo Zak
• Hellbat
• Guyhawk
• Drillhorn
• Killbison
• Jallguar
Decepticon Terrorcons:
• Scoponok
• Divebomb
• Ravage
• Cruellock
• Insecticon
• Skybite
Humans
• Misha Miramond
• Pierre Miramond (deceased)
• Ollie Miramond (deceased)
• Jessica Spencer
• Chelsea Stone
• Jason Stone
• Professor Caleb Stone
• Melissa Fairchild
• Professor Marcus James
• Joey James
Other
• Quintessons

• Alpha Quintesson
• Beta Quintesson
• Gamma Quintesson
• Delta Quintesson
Ancient Gods:
Primus
• Unicron
Acient Cybertronians:
• Soulos Prime
• Alpha Trion
• Nexus Prime
• Micronus Prime

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One thing in list that jumps out at me is Long Haul being an upgraded unnamed Decepticon, not Demolishor. I would like that. Demolishor's story is way better if he stays dead.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
Is there any chance that with the Transformers Engeron anniversary and the 40th anniversary of The Transformers Franchise Next year that The Transformers Engeron Dreamewave comic story could be finished with the new Publisher?
Simon Furman had a multiverse IDW story in mind that may have been his Transformers cybertron comic and with the Legacy line and the Anniversary's as well as the collision course idea that did not happen at IDW could we see something like it?

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Why did the "Unicorn trilogy" have Megatron becoming Galvatron and back to Megatron in the next series and Galvatron again later?
In Micron Legend he stayed Megatron(the toy was Megatron Super Mode), and then was Galvatron the entire time(the upgrade was Galvatron G) in Super Link. Galaxy Force as aired originally wasn't linked to the previous two, hence Master Megatron (though you can see where it started with the bits of Unicron in his design, and IIRC it was eventually folded in). While it was a co-production, from the way things worked out the cartoon was in large part produced with Japanese audiences in mind and dubbed over here, so that's something to consider in this sort of thing.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Iirc, Hasbro at the time compared Galvatron to the Hulk, as more of a temporary power-up.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Is there any chance that with the Transformers Engeron anniversary and the 40th anniversary of The Transformers Franchise Next year that The Transformers Engeron Dreamewave comic story could be finished with the new Publisher?

Exceedingly unlikely. Dreamwave's late and unfinished issues are stuck in limbo. I don't see why a company theoretically couldn't just pay to spring them from limbo, but comic book companies don't have a lot of cash to throw at 'just for fun' projects like that. If any company would have done it, it would have been IDW, and they passed.

I wish though. Dreamwave's Armadaverse is their only storyline that was written all the way to completion. We still don't know the endgame for their G1 universe. We do know the endgame for Energon, but we can't have it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
We still don't know the endgame for their G1 universe.
At the very least, it felt like they were building up to events akin to TFTM.

We do know the endgame for Energon, but we can't have it.
Furman did once say that the final chapter of the unpublished Energon comics would basically lead into the Cybertron cartoon, since the last comic script ended with the beginning of the formation of the black hole.

Last edited:

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What marketing would that be?
Hasbro has said many times that they'll keep pushing out Megatron and Optimus because people know who those characters are. So, that being said, it is a marketing ploy based off of name recognition. They know they can market the names Megatron and Optimus Prime for ever and ever.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
Hasbro has said many times that they'll keep pushing out Megatron and Optimus because people know who those characters are. So, that being said, it is a marketing ploy based off of name recognition. They know they can market the names Megatron and Optimus Prime for ever and ever.
Why not Optimus Prime and Galvatron?

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Good question. Hasbro doesn't feel that Galvatron has the same name recognition as Megatron.

Top Bottom