Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
First trailer for the film reboot written and directed by Johannes Roberts, based on the first and second games:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It looks cool, and taking more cues from the games themselves thankfully, but dropping the trailer just over a month out from release doesn't bode confidence from the studio.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This looks awesome! I will look forward to seeing it when it hit streaming around the holidays.

how are you supposed to know its a "Resident Evil" project without Paul WS Anderson around to show off his hot awesome wife?!
Well, she is awesome.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
i hope its not the game verbatim. im very against that. if i want to see the game ill just play it. despite how trainwreckie the previous movies got, i liked they had original stories

It looks cool, and taking more cues from the games themselves thankfully, but dropping the trailer just over a month out from release doesn't bode confidence from the studio.

well, it iS based on a video game, with 6 so-so received movies with the same name coming before it. im just surprised theyre doing another one

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Cautious optimism. I like the cast, the production design looks solid and practical effects look decent. But the CGI elements look a bit rough to me. The big issue I have thus far is that, from what I'm seeing, is that the film looks a LOT like a "greatest hits of RE1 and 2 in live action". So I question just how much of a story arc there will be here.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
i hope its not the game verbatim. im very against that. if i want to see the game ill just play it. despite how trainwreckie the previous movies got, i liked they had original stories

well, it iS based on a video game, with 6 so-so received movies with the same name coming before it. im just surprised theyre doing another one
It was really cool to be able to recognize locations in both the mansion and RPD. It was really cool to see pretty accurate outfits. It looked like a fair amount of new content as well though. I'm hoping they are going to hit that MCU style balance of it clearly being a movie of that thing you love, where they hit the spirit and look fo the characters, and the story hits most of the major beats and characteristics, but isn't a 1 for 1.
Cautious optimism. I like the cast, the production design looks solid and practical effects look decent. But the CGI elements look a bit rough to me. The big issue I have thus far is that, from what I'm seeing, is that the film looks a LOT like a "greatest hits of RE1 and 2 in live action". So I question just how much of a story arc there will be here.
Have about the same opinion. I'm honestly not even that worried about it not having a super developed story arc. The basics of RE 1 and 2 is plenty for a decent zombie movie.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Just got back from it. It's actually not terrible.

Sadly the best way I can describe it is probably what you'll hear a lot of people say: "It's pretty good for a video game movie"

If you want a decent horror/action flick with a Resident Evil skin on it. This won't let you down.

It's it the Resident Evil movie we've always wanted? Probably not.

It has some... odd choices in it's story. Includes some characters that I question what they are here for, and omits other characters I wish we'd kept.

"Sorry Rebecca fans, but she's a no show."

I'm a big fan of the games, so I can nitpick some stuff, but I don't think they hurt the movie that badly.

What will hurt the movie for some folks, is the story is VERY rushed.

So remember when I said there are characters I'm not sure why they were included? Lisa Trevor is in this. No idea why, you could have easily written her out of the movie and nothing would change, but she's there! Sherry is here too, though she has no bearing on the story what so ever.

If you like Resident Evil and want something better then the 'Alice Saga' This will scratch that itch. I mean I actually like the Alice movies, but even I will say this is likely the better film.

Top Bottom