Rescue Bots/Rescue Bots Academy/Dinobot Adventures/Classic Heroes Team thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Discuss the toys or cartoons here.

In recent news, this just popped up outta nowhere (image by M Sipher on the TFWiki Discord):

SOb0Wuq.jpg

Dvandom

Citizen
Yeah, I found that at Ross yesterday too (different Ross, obviously). Ben Yee wants one, but has no Ross nearby.

---Dave

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Hasbro finally made a set that is nothing but Bumblebees!
... I'd say, but I'm sure someone's gonna respond with a whole list of Bee sets.

Anyways, the reverse color scheme and variety of alt modes in an interesting take. Kinda want to headcanon this trio as Bumblebee's recruits or fanboys, as opposed to just Bee Times Three.

Dvandom

Citizen
The color scheme has been used before, sometimes in the movie lines, but I mostly remember it from the third season of RiD15, the TRU exclusive power-up Bumblebee being mostly silver.

My headcanon is that they are Go-Bots Silverstreak (sportscar), Silverbolt (VTOL) and Silverrush (off-roader), Team Silver-Bot.

---Dave

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's basically the colors of Shadow Strike Bumblebee. Gray and yellow instead of yellow and black.

PrimeRIDtoy-ShadowStrikeBee.jpg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hasbro finally made a set that is nothing but Bumblebees!
... I'd say, but I'm sure someone's gonna respond with a whole list of Bee sets.

Anyways, the reverse color scheme and variety of alt modes in an interesting take. Kinda want to headcanon this trio as Bumblebee's recruits or fanboys, as opposed to just Bee Times Three.
It's times like this I wish we saw Bumblebee and Hot Rod together more.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Two more new Rescue Bots Academy toys have been found.

A Medix retool as Ratchet, and Heatwave as a jumbo jet.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I'm rewatching Robo-Cody, and I can't help but notice how empty Griffin Rock is in the show. They spend a significant portion of the episode there, and aside from Cody, the only other human on-screen is the china shop owner, who's there for plot purposes. Not sure if it was budgetary reasons, or there just wasn't the time, but it tends to happen a lot throughout the show, which is a shame.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm rewatching Robo-Cody, and I can't help but notice how empty Griffin Rock is in the show. They spend a significant portion of the episode there, and aside from Cody, the only other human on-screen is the china shop owner, who's there for plot purposes. Not sure if it was budgetary reasons, or there just wasn't the time, but it tends to happen a lot throughout the show, which is a shame.
Reminds me of the 2003 and 2012 TMNT cartoons. One of the busiest cities in the world, New York City, is just so empty all throughout both of those shows.

And one of them was a hand-drawn 2D cartoon, even.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's in the same universe as Prime, where everything is desolate.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I would think Wedge would make more sense as a Deluxe and Medix as a Core based on Wedge's chunkier build vs. Medix's slimmer build.

I love the MorBot 2 being a Voyager, but knowing Hasbro, both it and Blurr would likely share a mold.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would think Wedge would make more sense as a Deluxe and Medix as a Core based on Wedge's chunkier build vs. Medix's slimmer build.
I was thinking the same thing. Also wonder if Salvage isn't a better fit for Leader class than Boulder, but it's a tough call.

That said, I love it and want this to happen.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not to double-post, but I don't know if this deserves its own thread...

While I've been a Rescue Bots fan ever since the first episode, I don't have as many of the toys as I'd like. OG Heatwave and Energize Chase, the four main Rescue Bots as Dinobots, and the main cast in those non-transforming mini-figure forms.

In lieu of any Legacy inclusions, I'm interested in getting what I can, but I'd like show-accurate, and I'm wondering what the best is for those. Rescan seems good on some, though less detailed than the original releases, or a little funky. Like Rescan police car Chase seems to have a more show-accurate face, but the rest...?

And then there's Whirl. Is there a show-accurate helicopter version of her? I don't see one on the wiki.

Dvandom

Citizen
The larger Whirl has a show-accurate helicopter, but there's no way to get from what amount to Actionmaster designs to any sort of vehicle mode without a lot of subspacing it. The Academy models don't even try to be toyetic, the only way to get show-accurate robot mode toys is the non-transforming ones.

---Dave

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A bit large, that. Is the helicopter blade removable? TFWiki shows it on her arm, rather than her back.

Top Bottom