Renewed Resident Evil catch all thread

Sjogre

Citizen
Well, they've remade the previous games....

Mostly, though, I can't help but remembering that someone claimed that Resivil 4 was ported to everything, and here we go, it's on some new systems.

Glitch

Citizen
Wasn't on 3DS 'sob'.

I'd prefer it be a remastering like Halo Anniversary where you can flip between original and remastered with the push of a button, it's the classic gameplay with enhanced visuals.
That way the gameplay is maintained otherwise RE4 is a masterpiece of action horror and a remake seems needless.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
If it's a catch-all thread....

Yes, I know I know, so many memes regarding Resident Evil VIII:age,or however one parses that title. Still, I could hardly resist a ninth wall break such as this.

Glitch

Citizen
So RE2, 3 and 7 have had a ray tracing update on Xbox series X/S and PS5. Well I'm sure the people who sprang hundreds of dollars/pounds like mugs are thrilled about this marginal update.
RE8 get's DLC and a Gold Edition notedly featuring a third person mode.
RE4 remake got a fart in the wind.

As for Switch owners, Capcom said you have to get on your fours, bark like a dog and beg like one for stuff.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
RE Village has been released on Mac. It, along with No Man's Sky, were heavily pushed by Apple as their initiative for improved Mac gaming thanks to the M-Series chipsets.
Responses are in, as are technical performance. Digital Foundry hasn't done a video yet, but I think it will be interesting. Doesn't include the current DLC (with the Rose Winters story or Mercenaries mode), but just about everything prior. While not cheap, $40 is a better price than I really expected.

MrMacRight has probably the best technical breakdown. Interestingly, the available RAM has a noticeable impact, with 16GB devices, generally, running a bit smoother. Granted, ANYTHING with a modern, mid-range, GPU (GTX 1650 and up) will outperform. BUT, being "integrated graphics", it's generally holding pace with most "entry" solutions like the MX450 (with dedicated RAM) and AMD 680M (requiring DDR5 RAM). I'll be interested to see how it compares to stuff like the Xbox Series S.

I'm hoping this is the "spark" that shows the viability of native Mac gaming. I remember the "glory days" of the late 90s/early 2000s when, while not getting the newest and greatest immediately, the Mac gaming offerings felt more "curated" than on PC. Macs got fewer games, but what they DID get was generally pretty damn good.

Glitch

Citizen
Well the blasphemous demo is out, it's for PS4 and PS5, Xbox Series X but not Xbox One or Xbox One X because nobody loves it.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
So only -I- would get myself into this stupid situation. It's a first world problem of first world problems, but it's still annoying and I'm just laughing at how dumb this all is.

I almost made this a super long post, but I'll try to sum it up. Basically got the game when it came out. Played and unlocked a ton. Anime convention came up and in order to just make sure I had that LITTLE bit more of possible food money. I sold some stuff. RE8 was among that stuff. I figured Gold edition was almost out anyway. I'd just replace my copy with the Gold version.

So just got a copy of Resident Evil 8 Gold for PS5 as a gift. Great! I had my saved data uploaded to the cloud, so I just need to sync my new game with it and... that just gave me access to the PS4 version of the game on my PS5. If I boot up the new PS5 copy I have, it's blank. Nothing done yet, no unlocks.

Okay why isn't my data transferring? I looked this up.

So turns out. It's REALLY easy to transfer your saved data and unlocks to your PS5 version of the game! All you have to do is boot up the PS4 version. Go to options and select "Upload saved data" let that finish. Then go to the PS5 version, go to options and choose "Download saved data" Then ta da! Your saved games and unlocks and everything are ready!

Except since I don't have my PS4 copy anymore, and also since that was a disc. It needs the disc to read. Which means I CAN'T BOOT THE GAME UP TO DO THIS.

I had one suggest I just try booting up the PS4 version on my PS5. I mean after all I have a PS5 disc of the game. That should work right? NOPE. All it does it ask for the PS4 disc to continue.

So my options are:

1. Restart everything and just build it all back up again.

2. Borrow a copy of the PS4 disc and use it to do the transfer real quick.

3. Buy yet ANOTHER copy of the PS4 game.

Option one isn't terrible, but it'd be nice to just get my data back.

Option two turns out to be impossible. My roommates who played it got it for freaking STEAM so no luck there. I don't know anyone else with the game, and especially not PS4 disc. (Also I can't just rent the game anymore as that option went away like two decades ago just about)

So I can buy a digital copy, which is way too much, or a used copy and give it away to someone. (Or return it immediately after, but I just can't be that jerk)

So right now it looks like my brother might be getting a free PS4 copy in the near future...

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
So really enjoying RE 4 Remake so far. Just got past the part where you and Luis have to fight off a horde of zombies in that house. Still don't care for that part.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Playing RE2 remake.. and I gotta say.. I really dislike the zombies being huge bullet sponges. This isn't like the old REs were you can easily avoid the zombies, considering more and more keep appearing.

I just feel they could have done something better than make them ammo sponges.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Playing RE2 remake.. and I gotta say.. I really dislike the zombies being huge bullet sponges. This isn't like the old REs were you can easily avoid the zombies, considering more and more keep appearing.

I just feel they could have done something better than make them ammo sponges.
Yeah that's pretty much everyone's complaint, and I agree very much.

Glitch

Citizen
Resident Evil Death Island
Seems more interesting then that stinky Netflix series that felt like a movie chopped into four episodes also there's never been a follow up to Jill from RE5 so some good potential there.

I really am enjoying RE4 on Xbox Series X (though surprised it's incompatible with Xbox One and Xbox One X) and can't wait for Nintendo to get their next console out with the prospect there may be a port with gyro aiming as it's odd going from RE5 Switch to standard controls.

Top Bottom