Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I didn't know Chinese food had geewunners. Not too terribly surprised it has a reddit though.
it was a random observation I had on reddit seeing how the top rated pics on the transformers reddit are g1 related

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I was a kid when G1 aired. I absolutely love it and I'm glad it still has some place in the fandom.

That said, I am kinda sorry that it's taken over the franchise to the degree that kids today are stuck with little more than nostalgia wank with little to nothing to call their own.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If the Saturday morning cartoon block makes a comeback, Hasbro will do everything they can to make sure it has a Transformers cartoon.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
By the time that happens even Cartoon Network won't be showing cartoons anymore. Just like MTV never shows music videos anymore.

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
By the time that happens even Cartoon Network won't be showing cartoons anymore. Just like MTV never shows music videos anymore.
I saw one once a several months ago at 3 am CST. It was for Britney Spears "Oops I did it again" and that is it

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
If the Saturday morning cartoon block makes a comeback, Hasbro will do everything they can to make sure it has a Transformers cartoon.
There's nothing particularly special about Saturday mornings. The cartoon block existed as a result of a bunch of factors that weren't itself and aren't around anymore. We grew up in the midst of it and thought it had always been that way, but it was a passing fad we just happened to be at the right spot to get caught in. Things like that don't come back.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Besides in the modern day with streaming media, the entire concept of 'watching a TV show at a certain time' in general seems hella outdated.

I kind of agree with you on that, we can binge watch any show we want these days as long there its out in the wild, where's back in the 80s, it was MUCH harder to do that and you would have lots of VHS tapes containing eps of shows yet a large chunk of them might be just random eps of the show

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Remember when buying a VHS tape of a show meant you got 2-4 episodes per tape, even though you could buy a pack of 8-hour tapes and record a whole bunch of episodes yourself for much cheaper?

We had a lot of recorded VHS tapes at my house.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I did wonder at the time why commercial tapes had so few episodes on them when 8-hour tapes existed. "Oh, money" hadn't occurred to me yet.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
My childhood copy of Transformers: The Movie was copied from a rental, in between recordings of Banjo the Woodpile Cat and Madballs.

Be honest, how many of you even knew Banjo the Woodpile Cat was a thing that existed?

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
I did wonder at the time why commercial tapes had so few episodes on them when 8-hour tapes existed. "Oh, money" hadn't occurred to me yet.
To be fair, SLP quality sucked significantly beyond what than VHS already did, and wore out after a few viewings. I say this as someone who nonetheless recorded all of Beast Wars from S2, Beast Machines, and RiD on SLP VHS.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
b3jh3Ay.jpeg

Be the couple that can do both.

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
I never liked Beavis and Butt-Head. Lots of kids in my later school years in the mid 90s were always acting and talking like those characters. It was very annoying.

Top Bottom