Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I'm pretty sure the entire reason why The Rock and Armageddon are in the Criterion Collection (although both releases are long OOP) was because they're both extremely influential movies in regards to modern blockbusters.

Also considering that both films were released when Criterion was switching from LD to DVD releases, they'd probably want to release a couple of blockbuster films to get some major cash funds early on so they could then focus on Criterion's typical fare of older/arthouse/obscure films, which obviously wouldn't sell as much as 'big Hollywood blockbuster DVD'.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We've seen plenty of filmmakers try to imitate Bay's style and fail at it. There is a real technique to it.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
I'm pretty sure the entire reason why The Rock and Armageddon are in the Criterion Collection (although both releases are long OOP) was because they're both extremely influential movies in regards to modern blockbusters.
Even that's weird, because Jurassic Park and Independence Day aren't in. But very good point about the timing.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Mom used to cut mine. I've paid for actual haircuts/styling maybe 5 times? Last time I paid attention to what they did, and I've been ccutting my own hair in a similar fashion. I'm not as good as them, but it turns out well enough.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Mine is so strongly curly that there is no point trying to style it. It breaks gel so quickly that it's not worth it.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
unnamed.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Neighbors are doing karaoke with what sounds like concert grade speakers. It's impressively loud.

Some of them are actually okay singers though.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They did. They have loudly informed me and everyone within a mile that they really enjoyed their food.

I can't help but be kinda happy for them. That food must have been good.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
The Great Dying was an extinction event that happened in the late Permian period caused by a massive release of underground methane gas into the atmosphere from a crack in the bedrock somewhere in Siberia. This wiped out an estimated 98% of living species at the time.

So remember, your continued existence is only due to Earth choosing not to rip a particularly nasty fart.

Last edited:

Top Bottom