Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Machines seriously just fail in my presence. I can't even get my temperature taken.

I never touched the thing. They don't let me touch the thing. It cannot be something I did.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Found some assassin snail eggs on the rocks and stuff in my aquarium. Wasn't expecting that since I haven't seen either of them in months, let alone that I would have randomly picked out a male and female out of the tank full of them when I first bought them. I thought they died when they ran out of pest snails to eat but apparently not.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
That reminds me, I should get another snail or shrimp for the small 5 gallon tank. Two of the small fish we got are still alive, surprisingly. Had two tiny snails that outlived the regular snail we had, bred like crazy, and kept the tank clean, but they finally all died out.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Get chili rasboras. They're small, peaceful, pretty and unlike most other fish that tick those boxes, don't reproduce like crazy.

Could get a nerite snail though you'll have to feed it since a 5 gallon's not likely going to grow enough algae for it. And also get a cover since they tend to wander

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
*looks up info* hmm. Looks like they're really sensitive to water changes, so maybe not the best choice for me since I'm bad at keeping the tank constantly clean XD

Sharkshadow

Citizen
1634421584277.png

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
*looks up info* hmm. Looks like they're really sensitive to water changes, so maybe not the best choice for me since I'm bad at keeping the tank constantly clean XD
The ones i had could easily take a weekly water change. It was when I first introduced them into the tank that there were quite a few casualties, even after drip acclimation.

Could get ember tetras. They're only the slightest bit bigger and once they acclimate to the tank, they're a really nice bright orange that stand out wonderfully against plants if you have any. They're also pretty hardy, if anything, they were tougher than the common neon tetras, which is also an option though, they're significantly larger and more active, so i'd advise a bigger tank.

Pygmy Cories are nice. They're not particularly colorful but the way they bumble around the tank all day is adorable. If your sand or gravel are dark, they stand out really well.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
The ones i had could easily take a weekly water change. It was when I first introduced them into the tank that there were quite a few casualties, even after drip acclimation.

Could get ember tetras. They're only the slightest bit bigger and once they acclimate to the tank, they're a really nice bright orange that stand out wonderfully against plants if you have any. They're also pretty hardy, if anything, they were tougher than the common neon tetras, which is also an option though, they're significantly larger and more active, so i'd advise a bigger tank.

Pygmy Cories are nice. They're not particularly colorful but the way they bumble around the tank all day is adorable. If your sand or gravel are dark, they stand out really well.
Yeah, the first fish we had were neon tetras. Hadn't used the small tank in years, then a coworker had a beta she couldn't care for. After he died, we got the silver dudes. Eventually I want to have a tank that grows plants for the turtle (and with fun fish), but the current one may not be the best for that. A few days ago we got a blue mystery snail, it's enjoying the endless buffet of algae XD

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I don't personally like mystery snails. Every time I had one, they would have gotten knocked up at the pet store and laid clumps of eggs on the glass that are kind of annoying to remove.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kotobukiya's Pony statues have been surprisingly popular, so now they're going to try anything they can to keep the line going.

Top Bottom