Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I guess, if you really want to stock up on something, good books that show you how do all the stuff we take for granted might be a wise choice. No guarantee you could Google it after the collapse.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Please do. The Great Empire of Long Florida will need somebody we can raid when our supplies run out.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Got assigned to work at the radiation unit. Despite what picturebooks tell you, all the irradiated spiders here end up dying.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I realize I'm late to the party with this but I just got Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe last night and I have to wonder...how much of a mind screw would it be if the person playing this actually was named Stanley?

unluckiness

Citizen
Jurassic world is just a Scyfy movie with a budget. No wait, scyfy was aware of their schlockiness. The synopsis makes my head hurt with how aggressively stupid the writers are.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Jurassic Park wasn't a masterpiece of writing to begin with and it's all been downhill from there.

unluckiness

Citizen
Maybe the writers should just learn to coexist with snakeheads, africanized honeybees and constrictors in their bedrooms. After all, those come from nature somehow. It’s what Hammond would have wanted. John Hammond was apparently a motherhugging ecoterrorist.

Jesus Christ.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Jurassic Park was really only a hit in the first place because at the time it had the best looking dinosaurs of any movie ever. Now it's just another CGI action movie among a flood of CGI action movies.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Jurassic Park was really only a hit in the first place because at the time it had the best looking dinosaurs of any movie ever. Now it's just another CGI action movie among a flood of CGI action movies.
Well, when the book came out, the idea that dinosaurs could be resurrected by cloning seemed pretty cutting-edge. Although GI Joe's cartoon ep, Primordial Plot, got there first.

My favorite part of the book didn't make it to the movie, though: The system they were using to keep track of the dinosaur population was only counting up to the expected number; when they started looking for more dinosaurs and found out that there were a LOT more than there were supposed to be, it was a great 'Oh, Shit!' moment

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The movie also glosses over the main point (that Hammond's half-assed corner cutting and refusal to actually pay enough to get things done right caused literally every problem with the park) in order to get to the dinosaurs faster. It's still a good movie, but it's a very different story beyond the most basic brushes.

The sequels were pretty terrible all along, though.

unluckiness

Citizen
The movie seemed to run more with the chaos theory crap Malcom was spouting. Nobody predicted that the fat guy would cut power, that the power would stay off, that the dinosaurs could reproduce, a storm would roll in, t-rex shows up in the main building etc etc.

I liked when the book explained that the raptors were basically all sociopathic because they learn by socialization and they were all grown in test tubes and had no reference for normal behavior.

Lost World was stupid and boring. 3 had the inklings of a decent plot but was poorly made overall. Probably the best of the sequels somehow. World was a decent what-if we had the first movie but the park was open but forgettable overall. Fallen Kingdom was a goddamn Resident Evil movie with all the quality that implies

Last edited:

Top Bottom