Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
*checks fact card that came with model*

He is correct, though he rounded down on the speed. Mach 3.2.

Someone did their research.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
So, uh. A couple of weeks ago, I saw the Zoids HMM Wild Liger kit on Amazon for a pretty good discount. Package came in today, and, uh......

XsQb3ON.jpg

Two packets of sodium bicarbonate. What the hell.

Time to file a complaint.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
So, uh. A couple of weeks ago, I saw the Zoids HMM Wild Liger kit on Amazon for a pretty good discount. Package came in today, and, uh......

XsQb3ON.jpg

Two packets of sodium bicarbonate. What the hell.

Time to file a complaint.
Funny thing is, I grabbed the package on the way out to meet TMM to go shopping after he got out of work. The package came from a Sesame Street in IL, no company name. I joked about that but he was baffled. We opened it and found the packets. I looked up the address and it turned up a thread on Reddit where people were taking about getting random unsolicited packages from a place called Yun Express. Oddly enough, the address appears to be an empty warehouse. Once we got home, we researched further and found reports of getting the wrong thing from Amazon. So we checked Amazon and TMM's package showed delivered today. How the heck did they mix up a Zoid for baking soda???

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
It's a scam. They send you whatever they have on hand, you file a refund and get your money back while they now have some of your information to sell or do whatever they want to with.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Yep. Some of the stuff in that Reddit thread reads like a creepypasta or SCP article.

Edit: Missed unluckiness' post. Lovely. Time to take our card off of Amazon.

unluckiness

Citizen
Couldn’t hurt. As I understand though, Amazon won’t give card info to merchants.

Expect to get a ton of cheap crap you haven’t ordered to arrive. The scam’s called brushing. They’ll sign up with fake accounts using your address, send whatever, then rate themselves positive to jack up their merchant and/or product ratings. They might also share the address with other similar scammers.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Now that they have an address, there's not much to be done about that. You can try contacting Amazon customer support to let them screen their database for accounts that use your address but this won't stop the scammers from using it on other websites. Usually, they'll stop at farming feedback but watch your credit cards closely for weird activity just in case. They might also never get around to sending shit to your address since they usually have a lot of addresses to use.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've done a lot of shopping on the Chinese side of Amazon and eBay and I do get weird packages sent to me from time to time. But I've never had a seller not send me what I ordered.

unluckiness

Citizen
From what I’ve seen of dodgy Chinese ebay sellers, most start out legit to build up a customer base before “going rogue” and running off with the money.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
My retirement plan involves society finally collapsing in on itself, allowing me to fulfill my true destiny as a marauding warlord of the wastelands. We're pretty much on schedule for it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The collapse will be fun. We can finally stop holding back and build The Great Empire of Long Florida.

Top Bottom