Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Hasbro spent like $500 million to buy Power Rangers and now they've literally given up the damn toy license to another company.

I guess they don't know what to do with it, I think the last series wasn't crazy popular, but then, I believe they are having some problems financally, bought on by the fact Disney went insane and turned the IPs they bought to caker to boys, into failing girl brands, I seen videos by a youtuber going around various stores in the US filming the unsold stuff of Marvel & Star Wars, its BAD, VERY, VERY BAD as the stuff is just lingering there unsold from all of their failures! Of course, I believe the previous CEO of Hasbro died suddenly and the company having not really focused upon their own brands, they ran into problems when Disney tried to get girls into what been primary boy brands and its come at the expense of the boys, so its pretty much a prefect storm of stupid, choices made by those in power and taking their customers for granted, but you reap what you sow, as they say, so hopefully things can get better, thou if I was in Hasbro's shoes, I would be looking for an out option from their Disney deals or changes of the terms so its in their favor and they can be rid of the junk they been forced to produce!

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I guess they don't know what to do with it, I think the last series wasn't crazy popular, but then, I believe they are having some problems financally, bought on by the fact Disney went insane and turned the IPs they bought to caker to boys, into failing girl brands, I seen videos by a youtuber going around various stores in the US filming the unsold stuff of Marvel & Star Wars, its BAD, VERY, VERY BAD as the stuff is just lingering there unsold from all of their failures! Of course, I believe the previous CEO of Hasbro died suddenly and the company having not really focused upon their own brands, they ran into problems when Disney tried to get girls into what been primary boy brands and its come at the expense of the boys, so its pretty much a prefect storm of stupid, choices made by those in power and taking their customers for granted, but you reap what you sow, as they say, so hopefully things can get better, thou if I was in Hasbro's shoes, I would be looking for an out option from their Disney deals or changes of the terms so its in their favor and they can be rid of the junk they been forced to produce!
yuni meme censored.png

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Hasbro spent like $500 million to buy Power Rangers and now they've literally given up the damn toy license to another company.

I miss Bandai America and Bandai America sucked ******* ass.
Their flagship Zord Ascension thing couldn’t lock the tyrannosaurus legs in place for megazord mode and they wanted $200+ for it, they started like a dozen teams of ranger figures and didn’t finish any of then and then made NFTs of the black repaint of the megazord.

It’s clear they have zero idea of what to do.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As consumers we certainly can't accuse Hasbro of not leading by example. They love spending too much money buying things they're not even sure why they want.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The only thing Hasbro knows what to do with Power Rangers is the same thing that Bandai America knew what to do and what Playmates Toys is gonna do when they start selling PR toys next year: MORE ******* MMPR.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I really wonder how the heck you'd PR-ize Donbrothers without pulling a Shinkenger and just doing a 1:1 translation... the past sentai stuff isn't the problem, more how they would explain the Momotaro motif. Samauri is at least something the mainstream West was already familiar with.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
The only thing Hasbro knows what to do with Power Rangers is the same thing that Bandai America knew what to do and what Playmates Toys is gonna do when they start selling PR toys next year: MORE ******* MMPR.
I mean, it was only a couple of years ago that Hasbro finally figured out that their 'collector' TF line (ie non-movie/cartoon) didn't have to be all G1 retreads all the time.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Honestly the biggest sign Hasbro has no idea what to do with Power Rangers is the (now former) executive producer for the series saying that the series needs to move past its tokusatsu roots in order to become a mainstream franchise.

You get rid of the tokusatsu from Power Rangers then you don't have Power Rangers. Like what the ****.

unluckiness

Citizen
It’s pretty much epidemic of the current entertainment industry. Studio bigwigs and hired freelance creatives don’t get the franchises and end up ruining them then move on to the next thing.

Last edited:

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Yup. It's a symptom of the infinite growth mentality. Niche products have to change what they are to appeal to the ever elusive broader audience, so the product gets diluted and the original audience loses interest and moves on, and the new audience's interest is fleeting at best.

It's the same kind of thinking that led to things like the History Channel becoming nothing but reality shows about pawn shops and crab fishing.

unluckiness

Citizen
When japan does it you get Akibaranger or Samurai Flamenco.

Unfortunately, this is an American corporation, which means you’re getting a “comedy” show about the MMPR shitting on their own franchise with an art style perfected by corporations to repel all sentient lifeforms.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I know a magic trick. I can make my phone buzz on command.

All I have to do is open my notifications. Wait for it. Wait for it. Wait for it. Then whenever I'm ready I just close my I notificati-*NEW NOTIFICATION BUZZ*

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Wow! Forty *mutter* years old and as many times as I've heard quotes and seen references, I've never actually watched Casablanca until tonight. I was missing out!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, it's better than you would expect. Which is sad. I wonder how many good movies I'm missing out on because I just expect professional critics to be full of beans. They're going to get it right once in a while, but I just don't trust anything anymore.

Top Bottom