Radiant is the blood of the baboon heart! The Venture Bros series finale!

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
As hyped as I am for this, it pales in comparison to my Mighty Need (tm) for the Metalocalypse finele movie.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Can't seem to find any good info on where it will be available. It sounds like definitely on HBO Max, but I don't have that. Surely it will also show on Adult Swim, right?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What I saw said it was direct to video movie that would serve as the series finale

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I looked into it more today, and saw that they plan on releasing it direct to home media and then 90 days later airing it on HBO Max.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I looked into it more today, and saw that they plan on releasing it direct to home media and then 90 days later airing it on HBO Max.

Ah, thank you. Have to pick that up. I have the majority of the series on DVD already (I'm telling you I'm old without telling you "I'm old") so it would be nice to complete it.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have the first season on DVD , as I don't think it was ever released on Blu-ray, but I have the rest of the series on Blu-ray and/or iTunes.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Well, I saw it.

It wasn't enough. I kinda wanted it to end on a hopeful future but final type thing but it's not conclusive enough.

Threat wasn't big enough. There's still a surprise or two at least. But they just kind of settled in.

New thing I liked was Daisy tho, haha

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, I saw it.

It wasn't enough. I kinda wanted it to end on a hopeful future but final type thing but it's not conclusive enough.

Threat wasn't big enough. There's still a surprise or two at least. But they just kind of settled in.

New thing I liked was Daisy tho, haha

Is it available on Adult Swim yet, or just HBO or what have you?

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
It was.. okay. Not amazing but okay. Still some siginfigant gaps but it was enough to bring the series to a close with just enough there to bring it back someday if they get the chance to.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I finally saw this Monday night,

I am digging that we finally got some more of this show, and to be honest, I liked that they ended up moving the building to the old venture compound. Kind of sets up everything to keep going.

I like that the Monarch is a Rusty clone with Baboon DNA that makes him more aggressive.

I like that it shows Dr Venture actually being a good scientist and helping the invisible woman out, as well as growing Hank and Dean from Debbi's eggs. I also like that this means that Dean is still the rightful heir to the Guild.

I feel that the whole ARCH subplot was weird and felt like a shortened storyline due to the amount of runtime they had vs a season.

Overall, it's a great story and a nice addition to the Venture Bros, but it doesn't feel like an ending.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Finally saw it. Enjoyed it quite a bit. A lot of answers to longstanding questions, but still room for the story to keep going if it were to happen. Overall felt very funny and like good classic Venture Bros.

Top Bottom