Questions for Hasbro Transformers Brand Team

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Is there a chance we will see expanded offerings in the Core class scale? Some collectors prefer a smaller scale to the standard Deluxe.

EDIT: Has Hasbro considered multipacks of Core class figures at the Deluxe or Voyager price points? For example, Core Optimus Prime with a trailer, versus packs such as Ironhide vs Soundblaster, or team packs, like Skywarp and Thundercrackes, or Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge?

Last edited:

Onyx

Citizen
How long is the Legacy line going to run for? With the last 20 years worth of shows and many G1 / BW characters left out of the WFC trilogy line, there are A LOT of characters to choose from. So much so I feel Generation Select and Studio Series are a must. With GS handling repaints and SS tackling a series at a time with new molds.

If the leak list is true, then for an example, by the end of the 4th wave the Stunticons will be complete. SS could do 2001 RiD's Ruination combiner at the same time. With GS repainting them as G1 Combaticons.

(Are the Stunticons going to combine, or are these stand alone figures?)

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
So far Studio Series is only for things from Films, characters from TV shows only need not apply. (Not that they couldn't change that.)

Legacy will likely last about a year, probably followed up by two similar series to make a 3 year long Trilogy, which is what they did for the last 6 years.

-ZacWilliam, they've opened up more with Legacy but I still expect the closer to 1984-86 you were released the better your odds.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
What is the average airspeed of a coconut laden Airrazor?

Can we see Fuzor Silverbolt or Quickstrike in Legacy?

I can see the answer to the first question given before the second sadly.

Last edited:

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Given there's no subbranding for Legacy (the "evolutions" moniker never materialized) I'm wondering if they're not going to just step away from the trilogy plans now that they've done it twice already, and just do the lines as they come.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Given there's no subbranding for Legacy (the "evolutions" moniker never materialized) I'm wondering if they're not going to just step away from the trilogy plans now that they've done it twice already, and just do the lines as they come.

I think that is likely for Legacy, it be a stand alone line celeberating the more popular lines of TF history, but after that, who knows

Onyx

Citizen

I would like to hope so. This line could give us the few remaining G1 and BW characters that were left out of the WFC trilogy. Namely Gears, Polar Claw, Cybershark, Powerglide, Windcharger, Cosmo, Brawn, Beachcomber, Seaspray, Octane, Sandstorm, Broadside, Bombshell, Shrapnel, and Buzzsaw. Their respective repaints as well as a few repaints we've yet to get. Like Pipes, Slipstream, Sunstorm ect.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
I was interested to see that "Evolutions"wasn't used, and I'm ok with that. "Legacy" is a perfect name for a nostalgia line.

Cradok

Citizen
Do I comment on the probability of getting nothing but generic 'we love Character X, we really want to do a toy, wait and see!' for most of these questions, or add my own questions that are even less likely to get useful responses? (Both, I choose both.)

Are there any plans to stop using the flathead pins and go back to screws?

Relatedly, is bad QA going to be addressed? I've been collecting for 20 years now, and I've had more badly pinned toys in the last three years than everything else put together.

Pulse expansion. Partenering up with Zavvi for Star Saber was a great start, but it would be nice to be able to get exclusives and Selects without having to work around Johnson's Folly.

Why is transparent plastic still used so extensively in joints and hinges? Especially with, as Phazer pointed out, plastic getting thinner.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Oh, that reminds me of something I'd thought of a while back. This is a hobby where we're collecting plastic figures over 35 years old in some cases. Durability is a top concern for much of the fandom. We get all the same quality concerns about transparent plastic, gold plastic, thin plastic, flaky chrome, etc. every time we see any of those things anymore. Are they aware of these concerns, and are they taking them into account when they're designing new TFs? Can they reassure us that those concerns have been addressed and aren't things we need to discuss for 10 pages every time there's a new reveal?

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
What's going on with the integrated Hasbro Universe and will we ever see any releases to compliment the Revolution box set?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
What's going on with the integrated Hasbro Universe and will we ever see any releases to compliment the Revolution box set?

I think they might of scrapped that, for now, they did it with IDW comics but seeing as some of their other brands outside of MIP & PR aren't exactly popluar beyond the US and hardly known in general, doesn't exactly make them Automatically something worth bring in, but then again, you never know, maybe some point in the future they might decide to have the likes of say Rom suddenly show up in a Transformers cartoon or a ep of Power Rangers, seeding there is a larger universe than we know of, maybe some time travel adventure sees the characters meet Visionaries! In terms of toys, it comes down to Hasbro's wims, besides, I believe a large chunk of that boxset were just rereleases of existing figures with no changes to the paint job, so its a case of why bother to buy a boxset of stuff that already exists seperately, unless you are a MUST have it all kind of person!

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
I think they might of scrapped that, for now, they did it with IDW comics but seeing as some of their other brands outside of MIP & PR aren't exactly popluar beyond the US and hardly known in general, doesn't exactly make them Automatically something worth bring in, but then again, you never know, maybe some point in the future they might decide to have the likes of say Rom suddenly show up in a Transformers cartoon or a ep of Power Rangers, seeding there is a larger universe than we know of, maybe some time travel adventure sees the characters meet Visionaries! In terms of toys, it comes down to Hasbro's wims, besides, I believe a large chunk of that boxset were just rereleases of existing figures with no changes to the paint job, so its a case of why bother to buy a boxset of stuff that already exists seperately, unless you are a MUST have it all kind of person!
There were slight differences. For example, Jetfire was the Takara version, with no chrome and Leoric, Rom, Action Man, Roadblock, and Matt Trakker were all either unique, or different, (eg. IDW Matt Trakker vs just being a MASK Trakker GI Joe re-issue.). I had such high hopes for a comic accurate Micronauts line after IDW released those alternate in-pack Toy Covers. I highly suggest this question be asked, and if they respond with anything other than "In the works", please quote me: "Boo".

Edit - Just saying it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see something like a Spectral Knights / Darkling Lords set.... even if it comes from somewhere like a HasLab offering.

Last edited:

SG_Roadbuster

Citizen
will the cast of "Lioconvoy is in Immanent Danger!" or "Predacons Rising" ever be considered for Studio Series?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I hope we can get some better pictures of Blaster soon, outside of the box, will his other minions get seperate releases?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Looking at the images on TFW2005, Blaster is sharing the Netflix Soundwave torso, so his minions will likely be the same size as Soundwave's minions, makes sense doing that because it save them making another new mold and keeps the cost down, thou about everything else on him is new parts aside from the lower arms

Top Bottom