PulseCon 2022

NovaSaber

Citizen
I see now, the card is literally just the Siege tank with the extra parts, ignoring the even the toy's official transformation. There's certainly no defending that.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Here are the Magic cards, BTW

I don't play Magic so maybe this makes sense, but I don't understand why "this vehicle is also a creature" effect would depend on whose turn it is?

As mentioned, vehicles typically have to be crewed in order to function, but since the Transformers are alive, they don't need crews. With this effect, it removes that requirement as well as allows you to play things that affects creatures on it. The reason it only counts on your turn is actually so they're immune to creature effects when it's not your turn. It sounds like a pretty powerful ability.

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
I see now, the card is literally just the Siege tank with the extra parts, ignoring the even the toy's official transformation. There's certainly no defending that.
My SG Megatron is in storage so I can't check quickly, so now I'm wondering if the cockpit/shield piece can actually peg onto the front of the original tank mode like in the card art.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Steevy’s big post of thoughts!
In regards to the Magic cards…I don’t play the game, but I’m totally game for some of them as toys. “G1” Slicer and SG Prowl in particular. I’ve felt the “Mexi-Prowl” deco was a great venue to get the Earth Prowl back out, and if he’s SG, I can deal with that.

Shattered Glass Soundwave- Not in my pool of interest, but I’m impressed they committed a new headsculpt on it. I know he has his fans, though, and it’s great for Hasbro to get that tape deck mode out there.

Vector Sigma set: The retooling is VERY well done. The underlying molds are still blatantly obvious, but Hasbro did put in some good work in trying to ensure the robot modes hit their mark, and I think they succeeded on that. Truthfully, the Vector Sigma accessory is the one thing I really dug, so hopefully it makes its way out again (Beast Machines set, perhaps?)

Legacy Evolution:
By and large, I think the design team has refound their footing. The general execution seems stronger than the first wave of Legacy, though Hot Shot still has that weird “chopped up” look Elita One/Minerva ended up with. The whole “Evo-Fusion” concept is vague, but I appreciate the embracing of “fun stuff”, even in name only.
Core:
Soundblaster- The core Soundwave is a tiny god, and this is a sharp deco. I’ll probably pass due to budget, but I can’t complain with Hasbro keeping this gem in circulation.
Dinobots- I did initially order them…but I’m not sure I’m going to stick with them. I’m a sucker for Dinobots, but the compromises for the combining reduce the impact of each. I applaud the ambition, but I’m not sure it is necessary to get these when I’m still waiting for the rest of the team in the leader segment. That said, I’d be all over Dinoking. I‘ve developed a soft spot for Victory, and Victory Saber needs an appropriate goon to knock around.

Deluxe:
Hot Shot- Like I said, the car comes across a little broken up, but that could also be unflattering angles. I think it’s better than the 25th Universe version, even with the loss of the Minicon, but in a lateral way where I prefer the compromises made here rather than the prior version. I have the Selects CDF Hot shot, which I’m quite content with.
Breakdown- He’s a partial retool of Wild Rider. I’m not tied into getting Menasor, but I’ll probably get a couple of the cars on the basis of character. Not sure Breakdown will make the cut.
Needlenose- I think this situation, Hasbro did a better job about hiding the compromises made to get the Targetmasters into the budget. He’s still wearing most of his jet on his back, though. But at least the Targetmasters got some decent deco. He’s “on the list” just due to the Targetmasters connection, but not a character that I have any real attachment to.
Scraphook- I’m impressed all around. They managed to incorporate the ”accessory bot” gimmick into something that stands on its OWN merits as a solid transforming bot. I didn’t preorder because I’m eager to see what other Junkions (or retools) we have on deck. My observation has been these “accessory bots” haven’t been the hottest sellers, so I’m not worried about getting him later, maybe even at a reduced price. And again, the concept lends itself to many redeco possibilities so I’m open to “seeing my options” before committing.

Voyagers:
Tarn- Sometimes, you get a toy where you can see Hasbro put “a little extra” into. I feel like Tarn is one of those toys. They really nailed his look and design in a way that FEELS like they took extra time to get him as right as they could within the confines of the Voyager budget. Barring any QC issues, I really can’t find anything to complain about. I got him preordered, one of the few I bothered with.
Leo Prime- Looks okay. I’m a Beast Wars fan, so that gives him extra points. The original was never a masterpiece to begin with, and I think this one improves on the proportions, at the expense of detail on the weapons. Robot mode looks solid, but the beast mode REALLY suffers from deco on the face. I’m fine with the realistic lion proportions, but the head looks bland and unfinished. Some deco would certainly have helped, but I think they could have molded in a LITTLE bit of personality to help the look even without extra deco. He also continues the trend of Beast Wars characters lacking in ports, even in robot mode, which miffs me. Preordered, but we’ll see how he turns out once people start getting him in hand.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I have to say that under the circumstances (pandemic, supply chain challenges, inflation, end of the world, etc.), Hasbro managed to show some interesting reveals this year, IMO.

I like the Deluxe-class reveals, for the most part: Scraphook is a cool/fun surprise, Hot Shot looks good in both modes - but probably should have included Jolt, Needlenose is cool but I don't have much connection to him, and Breakdown is...a car that transforms converts from a vehicle to a robot and back (still feeling let down by him basically just being Wildrider but like, you know, white and red instead.).

The Voyager-class reveals were nice and I agree with Steevy that it does feel like Hasbro threw a little extra stank on Tarn. He just seems to exude a certain amount of "we really care about this one and we're gonna spend some extra time and resources on it." The apparent lack of hollow parts, the poseability, the deco, and the transformation seem very crisp and clean. Leo Prime is really cool (I used to have the original BW figure that I bought from Hasbro's old site!). I'm not over the moon about the lion face, but there's too much else to like that I am not bothered by it.

Finally, yeah, I was really looking forward to the Alpha Trion set and it appears that it will deliver. I preordered that set at 5 o'clock. Hard. Both figures look different enough from their original decos (and of course the new headsculpts go a long way) that I can believe they are the characters they are supposed to be. It's going to be nice to get this set in-hand.

So yeah, some pretty decent things this year and I look forward to whatever else may come along.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The Alpha Trion set is on its way for me, thou a E-mail that came in, yesterday, it seems they made a error in the price of the set and its cheeper than it is, so hopefully they'll refund the errored amount or something to those been affected, when I glanced at it, it mentioned something about a Gi Joe product having a similar price error, clearly someone at Hasbro messed up!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Alpha Trion set is on its way for me, thou a E-mail that came in, yesterday, it seems they made a error in the price of the set and its cheeper than it is, so hopefully they'll refund the errored amount or something to those been affected, when I glanced at it, it mentioned something about a Gi Joe product having a similar price error, clearly someone at Hasbro messed up!

I'd be happy to process that refund for you. I'll just need:

*Your bank account information including routing number and account number
*Credit card number/ exp. date / security code
*Notarized copy of your birth certificate
*Mother's maiden name
*Social Security number
*Blood sample (1-2 quarts)
*Favorite color
*Picture of you with a friendly dog
*Contact information for the dog
*Notarized document stating that the dog is, in fact, a Very Good Boy.
*List of your darkest secret fears
*The deed to your father's gold mine
*Your hand in marriage

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen

*Mother's maiden name
*Social Security number
*Favorite color
*Your hand in marriage
And a partridge in a pear tree!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen

*Mother's maiden name
*Social Security number
*Favorite color
*Your hand in marriage

Hell NO!!😁

Espeically that last part!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Partridges are notoriously reluctant to hand out personal information. You might have to butter it up first. Nice dinner, maybe some wine.

Ah, partridges - too stupid to get out of the way of a car, but they're the last bird to suffer from identity theft.
At least the family made some good music. "Come On, Get Happy" is a fun song.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Looking at the poster it seems we will be getting Armada Prime eventually. Probably in the Leader pricepoint. I'm hopeful that we'll see Lockdown from animated, though I'd have preferred Lugnut.
Any hope of that oft dreamt of, but yet to appear Titan Tidal Wave?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
ShatteredGlass5-Megatronaltmode.jpg

Out of context that panel is hilarious.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Any hope of that oft dreamt of, but yet to appear Titan Tidal Wave?

We should never give up hope! I think (hope) that they will announce Leader Class and up at some point in the early part of the new year. Maybe Tidal Wave will be among those announced.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'd love Titan Class Tidalwave; but it seems like they may be wanting to do a Nemesis to pair with the Ark. Of course, both could be true. Wouldn't be the first time the Nemesis was another TF. Though I'm fairly sure that Commander Class will be Armada Prime, as I'm not convinced they could do his super mode well at any other price point.

Top Bottom