PulseCon 2022

CrockAlley

Citizen
Are they confused about SG Wheeljack? So now the G1 Slicer deco is SG Slicer and there's a new G1 Slicer deco that looks like Armada Wheeljack?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Are they confused about SG Wheeljack? So now the G1 Slicer deco is SG Slicer and there's a new G1 Slicer deco that looks like Armada Wheeljack?

You can see how they got there.

They wanted to do G1 Slicer out of Wheeljack.

Only place there's room is the Shattered Glass so we say SG Wheeljack uses G1 Slicers colors.

But we want to use the Slicer name because we want the toy to do double duty and Slicer is the guy that we wanted to do to begin with. So we say SG Wheeljack changed his name to Slicer. Problem solved. Except.

Now we want to do MTG cards of the SG toys we've done and their regular universe counterparts. Ok. *But* both cards need to have the same name because they are varients. And we in fiction already just established the SG guy is Slicer now and for brand continuity we want to be consistent on that. Ok again... So we'll keep the SG Slicer name and just make up a G1 Slicer... *BUT* the existing G1 Slicer's color scheme now belongs to the SG version.

Well, damn this got hard, Ok, who else's colors could we use?

-ZacWilliam, oh what a tangled web we weave...

CrockAlley

Citizen
I think I get it. I didn't know the new Slicer toy is marketed as SG.

But then I have to laugh, because the next cards in the slideshow are Flamewar's, who uses the same deco for both G1 and SG.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Preordered Alpha Trion and Orion on Pulse. Then on a whim I ordered Scraphook.

Then I saw the preorders go up on Amazon. Where I don't have to pay shipping. So I ordered Scraphook again there.

Then I noticed I was accidentally logged on to my wife's Amazon account... so I logged on to mine and ordered Scraphook again. Then I ordered Needlenose and Tarn just because.

-ZacWilliam, is hopefully gonna remember to cancel the other two Scraphooks, but wishes he had the funds to just keep all three.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Done my preorders:
From Hasrbo Pulse UK:
Alpha Trion & Orion Pax
SG Soundwave

From Indemand toys:
Lio Convoy
Tarn
Hot shot
Scraphook
Breakdown

Reason for using two different sites, simple, Indemand is cheeper on the Legacy figures, but the other two, Hasbro cheeper, my advice, shop around for your bargins these days, I would of used Kapow Toys but a while back, they altered their pre-order system that makes it impossible to pre-order more than one item at a time, so I stopped using them for pre-orders

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Got everything preordered that I wanted, which was pretty much everything they showed except for Hot Shot and Lio Convoy. Very excited to see how this line progresses.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Nice to see Boombox Soundwave is free of his Walmart exclusivity.

SS86 when?
Did they say that, or are you mistaking the Core Soundblaster for the Voyager mold?

Animated Prowl has been rumored, and I see a motorcycle Junkion with a sidecar. So now I'm wondering if they can retool a Junkion into/from Prowl?

Dake

Citizen
SG Soundwave is also the boombox - or is still it a Wal-mart/Pulse exclusive too?

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Breakdown was already sold out by the time I got on pulse, so I just ordered the Vector Sigma pack and a t-shirt.

Went to Entertainment Earth and got free shipping on the complete core set, Breakdown, Hot Shot, Scraphook and Tarn.

The Core Dinobots seem neat, though the lack of elbows sucks. Definitely being set up for a monstructor/dinoking retool. No way they'd make Slug be the torso otherwise.

The premise on these new Junkions is something I've been wanting since the modern weaponizer concept was revealed and the fact the look like they'd make excellent Mad Max stand-ins is also a plus. Was hoping to skip these guys and save money but no such luck.

Hot Shot and Tarn look incredibly faithful and are must haves for me. I wonder what 2024's semi-obscure comics character lovingly recreated as an original mold voyager. Straxus maybe?

NovaSaber

Citizen
SG Soundwave is also the boombox - or is still it a Wal-mart/Pulse exclusive too?
I hadn't seen SG Soundwave. It seems to be a Pulse/Pulsecon exclusive with nothing to do with Walmart, meaning the mold itself is presumably no longer restricted.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Scraphook looks surprisingly cool. I'm just not wild about the color scheme... obviously it's very Junkion-esque, no complaints there, just kinda drab with all the tan. Wonder if it'll get redecoed as something more bold and fun.

As for the rest, I think I'll get Breakdown to complete the set, and Tarn looks cool. The rest, meh. The deluxes especially are just starting to look really basic...

Shadewing

Citizen
I hadn't seen SG Soundwave. It seems to be a Pulse/Pulsecon exclusive with nothing to do with Walmart, meaning the mold itself is presumably no longer restricted.

A logical idea a friend suggested to me: Netflix Soundwave and Bumblebee are Walmart exclusives; but the times we've seen those molds re-used is as SG Soundwave and Goldbug. So maybe its fine to use those molds, so long as they aren't doing them as G1 Soundwave and Bumblebee?

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
You know, it's kinda nice that I'm getting to the point where a lot of things being revealed aren't really calling out to me, and other eras are getting a chance to shine.

That said, Tarn and Scraphook are super appealing. Especially the Junkion play pattern. Weaponizers, Modulators, and Fossilizers didn't appeal much to me, but mix 'n match cars? Let's go!!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Scraphook looks good. It seems like a lot of effort put into an original character. In Generations. We have escaped 1984.

Hot Shot! They might have overthought the assignment a little bit with the transformation. I miss the chunky forearms. But I can see why they would relocate the arm kibble. The important thing is they got the shoulders right this time, and they kept the axle-zooka. With today's budgets it felt optimistic to hope they'd keep the Armada gimmicks, even in manual form, but they're finding a way to make it happen without a lot of obvious sacrifice anywhere else.

The guy who keeps voting for Needlenose should be happy.

Lio Convoy... I know actual lions are way dopier looking than they typically get credit for but that beast mode face did not come out right. Robot mode seems sufficient.

I couldn't care less about Tarn but that doesn't mean I'm not impressed with the job they did on this one. They nailed it.

But I'm most excited about the Core Dinobots, and more importantly the obvious Dinoking repaint and please please please let there be a Monstructor retool as well. I don't even care if it's bad. I'm fine with the lack of elbows and janky engineering like Sludge floating above his robot mode legs. I can accept it as a weird retro throwback. There are interesting things you can do with a transformation when articulation and looks aren't priorities.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This was a sweet batch of reveals.
  • Leo Prime is best of the bunch for me, tied with Tarn I suppose. Shame about the "realistic" lion face on LP, which just makes him look either sad or surprised or sadly surprised in beast mode. But the robot mode is great. I hope to high heck they've found a better plastic supplier for the white plastic by now.
  • On that note, yeah, Tarn. Just missing huge dual fusion cannons, but overall amazing. Surprised he was a Voyager; would've been nice to see what they could do at Leader.
  • Scraphook is amazing. While I won't claim to have pioneered the idea (as if), I am on (disappeared Allspark forum) record as having wanted Weaponizer Junkions for literal years, and here we are. I want more of these, give me a group of RoadBlasters.
  • Hot Shot looks great in robot mode, and he has the axlezooka back, but it's a shame he doesn't come with Jolt. (Edit: also, vehicle mode looks really bad. Mostly flat and stretched, but with a weirdly bulbous top.) Meanwhile, Needlenose gets both his little buddies, which is simultaneously cool and kind of annoying. Still, give me a Selects Powerlinx Hot Rod and I'm listening.
  • Core class continues to be neat little pocket gods, and appears to be going in a cool direction.
  • SG Soundwave and friends... sad to lose the van altmode, but everything else is great. Again, I seriously hope they've sorted out their white plastic problem by this point. Happy for Mark getting to make a cover!
  • Nemesis for next Titan... okay, but Tidal Wave is RIGHT THERE. IDK how Cybertron Metroplex did (but he looks SO COOL in that table display) so can't tell if this is a course-correct, but whatever. Stopped with Titans after Black Zarak; skipping this will go nicely along with the Ark I skipped lol. (Make a standalone Mainframe!)
  • (I still want a non-converting Lost Light that just disassembles into a playset.)
  • Armada Prime, various regular and deluxe Insecticons, Animated's Space Bridge? The artwork promises quite a bit. Whoever's doing the art for Legacy, I like the art style a bit less than WFC's. Colors overall are great though. Give us more fiction!
  • I'm getting greedy here given all the Hot Rod love we've gotten, but I would LOVE an Energon Rodimus redo...
  • Evo-Fusion sounds wack.

I have really come to appreciate the energy of these live stream presentations from the TF team. Early on it felt a bit forced, but as they got more comfortable (and the more it dawned on me that that's just how Mark talks), the charm has really emerged. However back-to-normal the world gets in the next year or so I hope they never drop these.

Last edited:

Top Bottom