PSA: Don't break your Tonkanator guns getting them out of the package

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
20221006_104128.jpg

Some of the G1 Constructicons' guns have some very thin places, and Tonkanator's components are packaged in a plastic try that's designed so that parts "snap" into place and are held securely without need for an upper layer. This is a bad combination. Mega Hauler/Long Haul's gun just effortlessly folded right in half along the groove sculpted right across the middle as if specifically for this purpose, and I feel like it'll probably break the rest of the way if I look at it funny.

This is the only one I had an actual problem with, but all of them except Mega Dozer/Bonecrusher's have places that look worrisome.

I don't have the "Vintage G1" Devastator, but he appears to use the same packaging, so if you're opening up one of those for some reason be careful with him, too.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I feel like if anything the problem is they put too much effort into the packaging. The phoned-in approach would have been to bundle the guns in a little rolled-up piece of paper like they do with a lot of small mainline accessories these days.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's been Deluxes that had me cutting the plastic tray apart because I felt like it was gripping some part too tightly. Open packaging wasn't the answer but these trays were too much sometimes.

Top Bottom