Prey (Predator 5) - streaming on Hulu

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen

Prey will stream on Hulu in in the USA and Netflix in other territories in 2022.

LE4OLz3.jpg

OFmKmxP.jpg

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Interesting.

I actually like Predator 2 and Predators. Neither is as good as the first, but both were entertaining sequels. The last movie was awful though.

Not crazy about this being a period piece, but I did really like 10 Cloverfield lane.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I agree that it wasn't until that last abomination that the Predator series finally managed to churn out a genuine turd of a film... other franchises of that era (Alien, Terminator, Robocop, etc) all managed that feat quite a bit sooner. Predator 2 might not be a "classic" in the way the original is, but it succeeded in a totally different way and is an extremely entertaining, schlocky but well-made 80s action/sci-fi. Doesn't hurt that Danny Glover did a great job, as well.

This looks like it could have some potential; I really love that poster/promo image, anyway. I hope it features a relatively authentic take on Indigenous culture (aside from the space alien, of course).

But only on Hulu/Netflix, really? I'm sure it'll make its way to 4K/Blu eventually, but I'd have liked to see it in the theatre. Damn these streaming exclusives.

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Woot! I am looking forward to this! Anything with Predators in it has me at least giving it a watch!

And I actually enjoyed the last movie, but I felt that the ending could have used a little work.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Full trailer. Looks pretty solid, and it's nice to see a contrast from the usual Predator angle of a team of highly armed soldiers fighting a single hunter to a very advanced hunter fighting groups of primitive peoples.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
Very sad that a PREDATOR film by @DannyTRS film is being dumped on HULU.

Wasn't there supposed to be a version of this released with real Comanche dialects?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
That will be a language option on Hulu.

-ZacWilliam, or so have said the million responses the million times I saw this asked today.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Very sad that a PREDATOR film by @DannyTRS film is being dumped on HULU.

Wasn't there supposed to be a version of this released with real Comanche dialects?

Is he really that big of a name for a director?

Also, I am glad that Hulu is getting it, as it saves me the 90 day wait to watch it at home.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Full trailer. Looks pretty solid, and it's nice to see a contrast from the usual Predator angle of a team of highly armed soldiers fighting a single hunter to a very advanced hunter fighting groups of primitive peoples.
Love it! I can't wait to watch it!

Axaday

Citizen
I hope that they continue the format of the first two where they essentially start out with a totally different kind of movie that gets hijacked by SciFi. You can quickly show a spaceship at the start, but then set everything up like it is just a period drama.

Glitch

Citizen
So long as it doesn't **** up and have a fanboy slapping his pseudo science and fan fic big picture motives into it like the last film.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I saw Prey. It was really good. I still like Predators for the multiple characters but this was ok as a simple hunt.

Got questions tho. Lady is smarter than a beaver but how'd she get that leap of logic after the bog part?

Also, how did the Predator know about the guy?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I saw Prey. It was really good. I still like Predators for the multiple characters but this was ok as a simple hunt.

Got questions tho. Lady is smarter than a beaver but how'd she get that leap of logic after the bog part?

Also, how did the Predator know about the guy?
If I understand what you are talking about,
she must have saw the light come out of his helmet at some point and assumed it always hit its mark.

The guy who ate the flower? He stepped on him and he made a noise.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
If I understand what you are talking about,
she must have saw the light come out of his helmet at some point and assumed it always hit its mark.

The guy who ate the flower? He stepped on him and he made a noise.
You got what I meant, thanks.

She took a huge chance tho. What if it was a different mechanic? She actually took a lot of chances.

Not fair to the guy :(

Btw did you folks watch it with the french (?) Translation?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
You got what I meant, thanks.

She took a huge chance tho. What if it was a different mechanic? She actually took a lot of chances.

Not fair to the guy :(

Btw did you folks watch it with the french (?) Translation?
I watched it in the default settings in Hulu and there was no translation for French. Figured that was purposeful.

Top Bottom