Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Snagged the Power Rangers Academy, Free Comic Book Day issue at the store today. It was cool. I havnt been into the Power Ranger Comics, it's just so hard for me to get to a store nowadays, but I liked the first issue enough, that I'd like to get the regular series.

-ZacWilliam, it was much more satisfying than the Marvel book I grabbed because it was a full story not just a snippet of one.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Thought I should pass this along.

I decided to start re-watching SPD on Hasbro's official Power Rangers Youtube channel, and noticed something odd. The first six episodes are sped up by a frame or two, resulting in their audio being pitched up slightly higher, and their runtime being ~15 seconds shorter.

The episodes Hasbro has uploaded are the DVD versions, but these six episodes are not slightly sped up on (at least, my copy of) the show's DVD release.

There's no fixing the audio for this goof-up (slowing down the video speed on YouTube just makes it play choppy and more metallic in slow motion), it's just how these six episodes were uploaded.

Last edited:

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Watched Dino Fury last week and probably in the worst way by binging through it in a day. I enjoyed it, though. In reading the thread here, it didn't seem to get much attention so I almost opted not to even comment that I watched. One thing that distinctly stood out in the second season is that the "commercial breaks" were better structured to not repeat the exact scene after the break. Also, while I didn't like the theme song itself, I liked the way the music was integrated in the episodes themselves. While there were, and will be, obvious hiccups in the show's continuity, I appreciated the genuine effort to clean things up. I enjoyed the finale with part of my brain looking at the fight between the on foot Rangers and the Nemesis and going "what Sonic level is this?!?"

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
That's a LOT of Power Rangers in one day!

I maintain what I said pages ago. It's a rocky ride...but that season 2 finale is pretty great.

I'm definitely interested to see how Cosmic Fury turns out. It's going to be interesting for a number of reasons.

I...guess there's rumors that Cosmic Fury will drop on September 6? Not confirmed, but maybe? *shrugs*

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Yeah, it looks like they're setting up some good stuff to follow up on. I have a sneaking suspicion they're going to pull a "Super Megaforce but good" but my guess could be way off.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, it looks like they're setting up some good stuff to follow up on. I have a sneaking suspicion they're going to pull a "Super Megaforce but good" but my guess could be way off.
I'd be really impressed if they could pull that off in just 10 episodes.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Why, hello there, Lightning Collection Invisible Phantom Ranger!

xm6pCWx.jpg

ePoh49z.jpg

DRCHqu1.jpg

sglAYKZ.jpg

Many more pics in the link above.

wentwood

Citizen
I saw Once And Always on You Tube so that was cool. I'm thinking Hasbro will post Cosmic Fury at some point so will hold til then.

I'm watching Power Rangers 2017 on DVD.

PR 17 like TMNT V and VI from Bay has gotten a lot of hate for some reason.

TMNT 2014 and PR 2017 could both be alternate time line.

My problem is PR 2017 the Rangers were can't catch a break losers. That was my only problem with it.

I had seen MMPR from 93 on DVD.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Linkara has posted his revised updated version of History of Power Rangers Ninja Storm:

This one starts right off with new content, covering the unfortunate circumstances of Pua Magasiva's passing, and more detailed coverage of the Hexagon pitch.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Well I was watching Deka from Shout Factory and with Space Patrol Delta I'm hoping there's more to it than Jetix trying to save money and what not. I will be getting to Break's entry hence the curiosity with Space Patrol Delta.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Huh...well, wait, where are they filming then? I know they were filming in New Zealand because they got tax breaks there. Was it just too far from their main offices for Hasbro? Are they bringing it back to the States or Canada?

We probably won't have any any answers for a while, but it does raise a lot of questions.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Huh...well, wait, where are they filming then? I know they were filming in New Zealand because they got tax breaks there. Was it just too far from their main offices for Hasbro? Are they bringing it back to the States or Canada?

We probably won't have any any answers for a while, but it does raise a lot of questions.
Yeah. This does not bode well for all those rumors saying Cosmic Fury could be the final season of the show.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I find that hard to believe. Maybe the last live-action version of the show. And that'd be a BIG maybe. I could see them moving to CGI, I guess.

I know Power Rangers isn't what it used to be, but is it that hard up? I might have to look more into these rumors, I guess.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Rumors are that the show will take at least a year off as Hasbro works on their next project which many believe is gonna be a reboot of the franchise. What form that takes, we don't know; but the current production team has also been let go, well their contracts weren't renewed rather then actually fired. Which also leads credence to these rumors.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah. Cosmic Fury could be the final season of the long-running 30-year-old current show, as word has it that Hasbro also chose not to renew their Sentai adaptation contract with Toei. Whatever comes next could be the start of something complete new and completely divorced from the 1993-2023 show.

It could even be animated instead of live-action. Or even half-live/half-animated, with all the morphed fights being CG-animated like Van Pires or ReBoot: The Guardian Code.

Top Bottom